WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Dayton, OH -- December 4th, 2005 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=3186)

DethMaiden 12-04-2005 05:38 PM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Dayton, OH -- December 4th, 2005

In short, wow.

This was an incredible show, and certainly the most high-budget production I've ever had the privilege of seeing. The metal flowed, and the sixty and over crowd (which coincidentally made up a good 75% of the audience) were absolutely disgusted at Alex Skolnick (Testament) and Chris Caffery (Savatage) with their insane nearly nonstop shredding.

I threw the devil fingers high and was proud that they stayed metal even in the context of a Christmas show:horns:

The setlist was as follows:

Wizards in Winter
An Angel Came Down
O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night
The Prince of Peace
First Snow
The Silent Nutcracker
A Mad Russian's Christmas
Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24
Good King Joy
Ornament
Old City Bar
Promises to Keep
This Christmas Day
An Angel Returned
Christmas Nights in Blue
Christmas Jam
Christmas Canon Rock
Night Castle (from upcoming album, sneak preview song!)
Queen of the Winter Night
Requiem (The 5th)
Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness)
Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 (Reprise)

In-fucking-credible. Ask for details if you want, this review was quite brief.

ADD 12-04-2005 07:13 PM

Glad you liked it man!:rocker:

powerslave_85 12-04-2005 07:26 PM

Old City Bar is my favorite song to listen to at Christmas time. I'm not ashamed to admit that it makes me tear up a little :bliss:

DethMaiden 12-05-2005 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85]Old City Bar is my favorite song to listen to at Christmas time. I'm not ashamed to admit that it makes me tear up a little :bliss:[/QUOTE]

That actually wasn't one of the show's high points...the vocalist for it tried to sound like Jon Oliva and ended up sounding like absolute shit.

Ah well, just the same, it's a great tune...

Maiden33 12-06-2005 06:58 PM

Im soo jealous man... great set, and I'm sure a great show... sadly I don't have the money to see them here... so I guess I just have to resort to being jealous of you... luckily I can still hold the fact that I saw your favorite band 2 more times than you did over your head. Take that! haha
Rock on

Bloodcurse 12-06-2005 07:14 PM

I saw TSO in Wilkes-Barre, PA back in November. Excellent show!!!

JRA 12-07-2005 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Alex Skolnick (Testament)[/QUOTE]

I have wanted to check him out for a while, but I haven't heard too many good things regarding Testament. What else has he been involved in.

DethMaiden 12-07-2005 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.]I have wanted to check him out for a while, but I haven't heard too many good things regarding Testament. What else has he been involved in.[/QUOTE]

Some studio Savatage and Alex Skolnick Trio, a jazz project.

Fe Maiden 12-07-2005 11:40 AM

Glad you enjoyed it. I like TSO but not their songs with vocals. The instrumentals however are awesome!!!

EvilCheeseWedge 12-07-2005 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=Fe Maiden]Glad you enjoyed it. I like TSO but not their songs with vocals. The instrumentals however are awesome!!![/QUOTE]

Agreed.