WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Motörhead -- Rome, Italy -- June 24th, 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25417)

MetalIsArt 06-25-2014 09:20 AM

Motörhead -- Rome, Italy -- June 24th, 2014

[LIST=1][*]Damage Case[*]Stay Clean[*]Metropolis[*]Over The Top[*]Guitar Solo[*]The Chase Is Better Than The Catch[*]Rock It[*]Lost Woman Blues[*]Doctor Rock/Drum Solo[*]Just 'Cos You Got The Power[*]Going To Brazil[*]Killed By Death[*]Ace Of Spades

[*]Overkill[/LIST]
Source: Teh interwebs, and yes also Setlist.FM.

I fear that they'll never play longer sets again.

300%_Density 06-25-2014 09:40 AM

I'm torn. I want to complain at the set and the length. Yet I'm happy they are even playing at all. I don't know what to think.

Maideneer 06-25-2014 10:01 AM

I think at this age for bands like Maiden, Motorhead, Slayer, Priest, Megadeth, Metallica etc....given the grueling nature of the music and a touring cycle, we should all be glad these bands aren't surviving by doing simple acoustic tours at this point.

Something is always better than nothing in 2014...the life span for these bands isn't a hell of a lot longer. Savor it.

MetalIsArt 06-25-2014 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;577606]I think at this age for bands like Maiden, Motorhead, Slayer, Priest, Megadeth, Metallica etc....given the grueling nature of the music and a touring cycle, we should all be glad these bands aren't surviving by doing simple acoustic tours at this point.

Something is always better than nothing in 2014...the life span for these bands isn't a hell of a lot longer. Savor it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but none of those other bands have a frontman who will never recover fully from his excessive lifestyle. Other people would've been dead by now.

JRA 06-25-2014 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;577599][LIST=1][*]Damage Case[*]Stay Clean[*]Metropolis[*]Over The Top[*]Guitar Solo[*]The Chase Is Better Than The Catch[*]Lost Woman Blues[*]Doctor Rock/Drum Solo[*]Just 'Cos You Got The Power[*]Going To Brazil[*]Killed By Death[*]Ace Of Spades

[*]Overkill[/LIST]
Source: Teh interwebs, and yes also Setlist.FM.

I fear that they'll never play longer sets again.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind no longer playing long sets. I'd rather they just never play Metropolis, Just Cos You Got The Power or Over The Top again.

Maideneer 06-25-2014 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;577632]Yes, but none of those other bands have a frontman who will never recover fully from his excessive lifestyle. Other people would've been dead by now.[/QUOTE]

I think Hetfield, Mustaine, Anselmo, and Co. could go toe to toe with Lemmy in the personal destruction department pretty well.

PVH5150 06-25-2014 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;577638]I think Hetfield, Mustaine, Anselmo, and Co. could go toe to toe with Lemmy in the personal destruction department pretty well.[/QUOTE]

The difference is those guys quit abusing themselves (for the most part) when they were in their late 30s/early 40s. Lemmy just stopped last year and he'll be 70 next year.

The only ones who are still alive and remotely close to Lemmy in the self abuse category are Ozzy and Keith Richards.

marker 06-25-2014 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=PVH5150;577643]The difference is those guys quit abusing themselves (for the most part) when they were in their late 30s/early 40s. Lemmy just stopped last year and he'll be 70 next year.

The only ones who are still alive and remotely close to Lemmy in the self abuse category are Ozzy and Keith Richards.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe Ace, but he's a little younger.

ravenheart 06-25-2014 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;577606]I think at this age for bands like Maiden, Motorhead, Slayer, Priest, Megadeth, Metallica etc....given the grueling nature of the music and a touring cycle, we should all be glad these bands aren't surviving by doing simple acoustic tours at this point.[/QUOTE]

In every one of those cases except Slayer I would LOVE an acoustic tour.

MetalIsArt 06-25-2014 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=PVH5150;577643]The difference is those guys quit abusing themselves (for the most part) when they were in their late 30s/early 40s. Lemmy just stopped last year and he'll be 70 next year.

The only ones who are still alive and remotely close to Lemmy in the self abuse category are Ozzy and Keith Richards.[/QUOTE]

And from lots of articles I read, interviews I've seen... I can safely say Keith & The Stones weren't even the worst addicts. Ozzy, Lou Reed, Bowie, Aerosmith & Glenn Hughes come to mind.

If Lemmy would've stopped drinking in an instant, he would've been dead a week later. Hence the fact that he drinks wine occasionally.