WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Unearth -- Grand Rapids, MI -- June 4th, 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25302)

kevindeets 06-06-2014 08:36 PM

Unearth -- Grand Rapids, MI -- June 4th, 2014

I was beyond excited about this show. I've seen Unearth at least 20x, but this tour was going to be extra special because they were playing their entire THE ONCOMING STORM album. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since that came out. I had back surgery in the summer of 2004, and that was THE album that got me through my physical therapy. I seriously listened to that album about twice a day every single day for 3 or 4 months straight while I was getting strong enough to walk on my own again. It's on my short list of best metal albums of all time, along with MASTER OF PUPPETS, CHAOS A.D., and BURN MY EYES. If you don't know those albums, I don't wanna know ya. : ).

By the time my buddy and I made it to Grand Rapids after work it was 8:15, and [B]Texas In July[/B] had already started. The band Armed For Apocalypse had van troubles, so they didn't make it to the show. Doors were at 6pm, and by 8:15 two local bands & Cruel Hand were already done & the 4th band of the night (Texas In July) was on stage. They must've moved fast. I really wanted to see Cruel Hand, but oh well. Texas In July is one of my favorite bands right now. If you don't know them you need to check 'em out. They have a new CD dropping later this year, and they'll do another tour starting in October.

[B][U]Texas In July setlist[/U][/B]
It's Not My First Rodeo
Hook, Line, and Sinner
Cry Wolf
Without A Head
Bed Of Nails
Elements
C4

[B]Unearth[/B] hit the stage at about 9:15. Before playing THE ONCOMING STORM they played one song off of all their other albums, plus a new song (new album due in October). I loved hearing "My Heart Bleeds No Longer" off of their first record. Trevor was wearing a Boston Red Sox hat (boo), but he took it off before they played the full album, so I guess that's OK. I haven't been to a show like this in a long time in that the crowd was literally going crazy for the ENTIRE set. Usually at a show you get those few songs that really get the crowd into it. There was no standing around at all here. It was insane! The highlights for me were the "deep cuts," if you will, off of THE ONCOMING STORM, especially "Lie To Purify." Unearth is seriously the cream of the crop when it comes to metalcore bands. I don't think there's any other band in their genre that has 2 guitarists as good as Ken & Buz. This was without question the best Unearth show I've ever been to, and I've been to pretty much every tour they've done since 2003. I think this tour continues for another few weeks. If it comes within 200 miles of you, go to it. It was a BLAST!

[B][U]Unearth setlist[/U][/B]
Watch It Burn
new song
Giles
My Will Be Done
My Heart Bleeds No Longer
The Great Dividers
Failure
This Lying World
Lie To Purify
Bloodlust of the Human Condition
False Idols