WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Question Of The Week! (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25115)

mankvill 05-06-2014 09:41 AM

Question Of The Week!

Hey guys, because we all need more reasons to post, I thought I'd do something kind of fun! Each week (or so) I'll post a new question here for us to answer and discuss! I thought it'd be great to just generate some new content on a consistent basis and some healthy discussion! Just fun dumb questions about music. So join in and let's talk about bullshit!

[SIZE="6"]Question 1: If your state had a "Metal Band Hall of Fame," who would be the first inductee?[/SIZE]

(For our non-US members, change "state" to "nearest city" or "country" or whatever fits!

For Kansas, I think that'd have to go to Manilla Road. In the pantheon of old-school heavy/doom/traditional metal, everyone back in the 70s and 80s loved Manowar, but for the kids in the underground, it was totally all about Manilla Road! Like Manowar without the cheese.

[youtube]LWvQVln9fAU[/youtube]

====

It's not my state, but it's close enough, for Missouri I might make a pick out of left-field and say Order From Chaos. I don't think it's really a stretch of imagination to imply Order From Chaos was directly responsible for a shit-ton of black, death and war metal bands that were influential in their own right. A close second for me for Missouri would be Anacrusis.

[youtube]UDL-bW_yAqM[/youtube]

adamclark52 05-06-2014 09:42 AM

Toronto...Anvil?

mankvill 05-06-2014 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;570536]Toronto...Anvil?[/QUOTE]

To their credit, my Mom knows Anvil and their music. That has to count for something...right? :eyes:

adamclark52 05-06-2014 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;570538]To their credit, my Mom knows Anvil and their music. That has to count for something...right? :eyes:[/QUOTE]

As much as they suck I can't think of a more famous metal band from Toronto. I can think of better ones but not one that's hall of fame worthy.

I guess Rush too but they're not as metal. And I'm not even sure if they're from Toronto.

mastodon421 05-06-2014 09:46 AM

Massachusetts: Converge. Some of the most wild, polarizing, groundbreaking and extreme metal to be ever made. Their track record of consistency, and impact they've made on the scene since their inception would make them a very worthy first inductee for the great state of Massachusetts- who has birthed its fair share of great metal bands over the years.

moobys37 05-06-2014 09:57 AM

Poison is technically from Harrisburg, and by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame standards that counts.

John The Drummer 05-06-2014 10:03 AM

Queensr... oops, I mean "Not Pantera"
Nevermore
Sanctuary
Metal Church (aren't they from Seattle?)
Rottweiler

All I can think of ATM.

TheWildAndTheYoung 05-06-2014 10:13 AM

Well, I do think I would have to choose Theocracy, they are by far the best metal band to come out of Georgia IMO. Though Fozzy and Mastodon are more Hall Of Fame worthy, I don't like either of them.

MPF 05-06-2014 10:20 AM

If you count Minnesota, all there really is for MN Metal bands that made it is After The Burial and Reflections. Plenty of Rock and Pop though.

For Wisconsin- I'm not too familiar with the WI scene but I am well aware of Jungle Rot.

markrz 05-06-2014 10:25 AM

Michigan (where I grew up): Repulsion and Halloween. On a more local level, possibly Summer Dying.

Massachusetts (where I live now): Wargasm, Steel Assassin.