WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Dillinger Escape Plan -- Pontiac, MI -- April 10th, 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24961)

kevindeets 04-11-2014 04:19 PM

The Dillinger Escape Plan -- Pontiac, MI -- April 10th, 2014

A band from (I believe) Norway called[B] Shining [/B]played first. I thought they were really cool. They had a very unique sound. They announced their last song & played it, but then they just jammed instrumentally for about 5 minutes before leaving the stage. I loved their set.

The next band [B]Retox[/B] was awful. I didn't like them at all. They were just noise.

[B]Trash Talk[/B] was excellent. They had the crowd in a frenzy their whole set. In fact, their singer probably spent 60% of their set in the middle of the crowd. Great live band!

[B]The Dillinger Escape Plan[/B] headlined. They're always amazing live, and they just keep getting better & better. They are quite simply one of the best live bands on the planet. They dedicated "43% Burnt" to the old school fans who could show the new ones how it's done. I loved the new song "Happiness Is a Smile." I had never heard them play "Come to Daddy" before, and the ended w/ the closer of all closers, "Sunshine the Werewolf." Every time I write about a Dillinger live show I always say that I can't really do it justice w/ words. You have to see them for yourself. That still applies.

[B][U]The Dillinger Escape Plan setlist[/U][/B]
Prancer
Farewell, Mona Lisa
Milk Lizard
43% Burnt
Panasonic Youth
Room Full of Eyes
Happiness Is A Smile (new song)
Hero of the Soviet Union
Nothing's Funny
One of Us Is The Killer
Crossburner
Good Neighbor
When I Lost My Bet
--encore--
The Mullet Burden
Come To Daddy
Sunshine The Werewolf

Ommie 04-11-2014 04:44 PM

Trash Talk and Dillinger melted my face off. Oddly enough it felt like the crowd was much more receptive to Trash Talk. There was a huge circle pit going on for most of their set.

Trash Talk setlist:
Dogman
Babylon, CA
Walking Disease
Manifest Destination
Incarnate
Envy
FYRA/Worthless Nights
Well of Souls
Hash Wednesday
Blind Evolution
FEBN
Destroy
Uncivil Disobedience
Awake
Sacramento Is Dead
Slander
Lepers to Feed the Lepers
Birth Plague Die

MPF 04-11-2014 05:19 PM

I'm going to this tomorrow night at First Ave and interviewing DEP and Shining. I can't fucking wait!

elturtleboy 04-11-2014 07:40 PM

TT's set is almost the same since before 119 came out. Retox rules

kevindeets 04-12-2014 04:56 AM

Ommie, thanks for posting the Trash Talk setlist. I'll need to check em out more.

XDoomsayerX 04-12-2014 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=Ommie;567169]Trash Talk and Dillinger melted my face off. Oddly enough it felt like the crowd was much more receptive to Trash Talk. There was a huge circle pit going on for most of their set.

Trash Talk setlist:
Dogman
Babylon, CA
Walking Disease
Manifest Destination
Incarnate
Envy
FYRA/Worthless Nights
Well of Souls
Hash Wednesday
Blind Evolution
FEBN
Destroy
Uncivil Disobedience
Awake
Sacramento Is Dead
Slander
Lepers to Feed the Lepers
Birth Plague Die[/QUOTE]

Trash Talk is huge now considering there association with Odd Future.

Ommie 04-12-2014 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=XDoomsayerX;567250]Trash Talk is huge now considering there association with Odd Future.[/QUOTE]
True, there were some people shouting "WOLF GANG" while they were setting up. Not to mention they don't play Michigan very often.

John The Drummer 04-12-2014 05:42 PM

[QUOTE]The next band Retox was awful. I didn't like them at all. They were just noise.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I saw them back with Tomahawk last year and thought they were horrible as well. I couldn't hear the vocals, but then I moved and heard the vocals.... WTF???? Did the dude have a phaser (or whatever its called) on his input or something!?