WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nirvana -- Brooklyn, NY -- April 10th, 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24960)

mankvill 04-12-2014 10:04 PM

Here's videos of probably what the broadcast will look like and you can hear Krist kinda introduce each singer:

[youtube]ohm_j7w7xY8[/youtube]

[youtube]NR_8yup-k2E[/youtube]

[youtube]1AdVK5qKL-w[/youtube]

[youtube]vJD75yVRyg8[/youtube]

Natrlhi 04-13-2014 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;567135][url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zBOrLOa2vY[/url]
Jesus this could have been good...[/QUOTE]
I was getting ready to make a classic "Nat rant" post after hearing that, but the version Manks posted was not bad at all. That's what happens when people take a video of something on their TV screen using their cell phone and post it on YouTube.

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;567189]For anyone that was wondering Lorde did nirvana songs. Yes that really happened.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bobbie solo;567191]I like Lorde alot for what she is in relation to the rest of the pop world, but that kid has no business doing anything on stage with fucking Nirvana. craziness.[/QUOTE]
Disagree. I thought she did fine. Good song choice for her voice, too. Haters gonna hate when an artist's star rises as fast as hers has, but chick has a great voice and an interesting style and I can dig it.

[QUOTE=mankvill;567277]St. Vincent doing Lithium (my favorite Nirvana song) was pretty good.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Her performance seemed to get even better as the song progressed, as well. It seemed as if she was being careful not to screw up such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at first, but as her confidence rose, she eventually knocked the ball out of the park.

EDIT: Didn't care much for Kim Gordon's performance, though.

El Gordo 04-13-2014 04:05 PM

Of the four videos Manks posted, I thought Lorde's performance was the best, hands down. That chick's got a great voice, puts as much into her performances as anyone I've seen, and is basically just talented as fuck. I've liked pretty much everything I've heard by her and I think she did "All Apologies" very well.

Annie Clark's rendition of "Lithium" was good. Like Nat said, at first she seems to be singing by numbers, but starts hitting her stride about halfway through. She sounds a little too 'nice' throughout, but does a good job overall.

Neither Joan Jett nor Kim Gordon sound very good. They both sound a little old and a little tired, but I'd take Jett's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" over Gordon's "Aneurysm" -- even though the latter is possibly my favourite Nirvana track of all time.

adamclark52 04-13-2014 04:34 PM

Yeah, I made it two bars into [I]Aneurysm[/I] and I was done. I'm a huge Sonic Youth fan but Kim can sound...like crap...a lot of the time. Her style was more suited to the spastic, improvisational style of Sonic Youth.

dcmetal108 04-13-2014 04:39 PM

I have such a crush on Lorde.

MetalIsArt 04-14-2014 02:37 AM

Saint Vincent is good.

And I must admit, my interest in her started when she made that album with David Byrne.

ravenheart 04-14-2014 03:20 AM

Goddamn Krist talks a lot...

MetalIsArt 04-14-2014 04:21 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;567400]Goddamn Krist talks a lot...[/QUOTE]

Well, we didn't hear him for the last 20 years, so... ;)

Natrlhi 04-14-2014 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;567367]I have such a crush on Lorde.[/QUOTE]

I have such a crush on Lorde's bank account.

jhdeity 04-14-2014 11:39 AM

Wow. Usually I take posts with a grain of salt. I totally expected to like Aneurysm even though everyone hated it and it was actually 20 times worse than I expected. That might be one of the worst vocals I've ever heard from an established musician. I actually want to punch her in the see you next tuesday after that abomination.

I was thinking Moist Vagina would be incredible to hear live but not so much anymore...