WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tool -- Phoenix, AZ -- March 28th, 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24854)

maidenpriest 03-27-2014 11:51 PM

Tool -- Phoenix, AZ -- March 28th, 2014

So, this show had been sold out but I got a last minute ticket! Amazing show, so much better this time than the first time I saw them. The sound was better, I could actually hear Maynard, and I loved the setlist this go around!

Third Eye
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
-Intermission-
B'Boom (with drum solo)
Jambi
Forty-six and 2
Aenima
Stinkfist

petrovar 03-28-2014 06:50 AM

Opening with Third Eye?!?!!?!?!!?! Holy balls

Chris_M_S 03-28-2014 07:21 AM

Pushit and Third Eye were my two favorite Tool songs back when I was a superfan, I'd have flipped out for that. I eventually saw them do Third Eye live but never Pushit.

JRA 03-28-2014 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=petrovar;564976]Opening with Third Eye?!?!!?!?!!?! Holy balls[/QUOTE]

Standard opener on the Ænema tour. Or so I hear.

slapguitarer 03-28-2014 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;565013]Standard opener on the Ænema tour. Or so I hear.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and that was over a decade ago.

300%_Density 03-28-2014 03:09 PM

They were opening with that on the 2010 NA tour. I saw it. And it was a great opener!

What Hell is About 03-28-2014 06:04 PM

Tool delivered a solid performance. There were some hiccups with Maynard's vocals before the intermission...I was on the side looking down onto the stage where Maynard was and he was hitting the oxygen hard, but he really came back recharged after the break.

People complain about a short setlist, but they've done so much with the songs to really make going to see them live worthwhile.

bobbie solo 03-28-2014 08:53 PM

the songs might still sound good (to you at least), but 9 real songs in 2 hours for the amount of $ they charge is still bullshit and i won't support it. Part. when you compare how they used to tour in 2002. You could pay less than half what you pay now to be close & on a GA floor AND get a few more songs. And yes I know playing Third Eye is like 3 songs from a regular rock band, but they dont play it every night and they dont really make up for it with more songs on the nights that they skip it. Add in that they refuse to dump Lateralus, Schism, Stinkfist or Aenima bc...i dunno, bc they dont want to piss off the neanderthal segment of their fanbase? B/c of that, I just don't see how someone can support what is CLEARLY nothing more than a cashgrab from Maynard. Really insulting all around.

Also, did Trent sell you an extra one of his front of the stage screens after the Tension tour wrapped up? Way to be original there fellas.

bobbie solo 03-28-2014 09:11 PM

also, my rant comes from a place of frustration as a long time fan of Tool. I love their music, and I've seen them live I think about 6 times. It's just that as I get older & see what other bands at their level do with their own arena shows, from classic rock groups to Foo Fighters to NIN & even someone like Paramore, Tool just really shortchanges their fans with these shows from a music perspective. Compare what you get in 2 hours from some of these other groups to Tool, it's not even close.

maidenpriest 03-28-2014 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=What Hell is About;565033]Tool delivered a solid performance. There were some hiccups with Maynard's vocals before the intermission...I was on the side looking down onto the stage where Maynard was and he was hitting the oxygen hard, but he really came back recharged after the break.

People complain about a short setlist, but they've done so much with the songs to really make going to see them live worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree about Maynard. He sounded excellent on Forty Six and 2 and Aenima. And I really enjoyed the extended parts of their songs, Lateralus was absolutely amazing.