WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Wantagh, NY -- August 23rd, 2005 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=2473)

Maideneer 08-23-2005 10:03 PM

Megadeth -- Wantagh, NY -- August 23rd, 2005

Just got back. The sound was AWFUL. Vocals were non-existent for DT and Megadeth. I arrived late for Fear Factory, which I am PISSED about. Dave didn't do much talking, he just played. Some guy wanted to hear 'Killing Road' all night, and threw a banner on stage saying 'Killing Road'. Dave said he saw him last night, but nothing would change. But, when they finished the 'arabian' style break in 'Holy Wars', they broke into 'Killing Road' for the intro, a verse, and a chorus. Dave said to the guy 'are you satisfied now?'. Then they finished 'Holy Wars'.

Megadeth:

Blackmail The Universe
Set The World Afire
Skin O' My Teeth
The Scorpion
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Die Dead Enough
She-Wolf
Reckoning Day
A Tout Le Monde
Angry Again
Trust
Hangar 18
Sweating Bullets
Tornado Of Souls
Kick The Chair
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars/Killing Road/Holy Wars

Don't know DT's set, I'm not that into them.

SomewhereInTime72 08-24-2005 09:04 AM

Yeah it pissed me off that megadeth had such a bad sound (especially during Blackmail The Universe) and also that there was almost no crowd reaction (I blame this on Dream Theater because they have some of the most retarted fans in the world) Symphony X had a great sound though. Their set was (I think):
Inferno (Unleash The Fire)
Evolution
Wicked
Sea Of Lies
Of Sins and Shadows

Wicked was the best one I thought.

'Deth still put on a great show, despite the poor sound and crowd reaction :rockdevil :horns: . But overall I prefered last Novembers Megadeth show (General Admission, duh!).

Edit: I don't like Dream Theater so I dont really know their set, except at the end. They actually started getting cool at the end. The last three things of their set were

Drum Solo
As I Am
Encore:
Pull Me Under/Metropolis

I liked those parts (except for pull me under which sucks, but metropolis is cool! :horns: )
As I Am was good. The drum solo was the best becuase Portnoy and some guy from the Howard Stern Show just started jamming on a bunch of kick ass metal songs like Welcome Home by King Diamond, Where Eagles Dare and Run To The Hills by guess who, and Raining BLOODDDD!!! I thought it kicked ass. Especially when Portnoy grabbed the mic and screamed "GRANDMAAAAA!!!" :lol:

Maideneer 08-24-2005 10:08 AM

That was Richard Christy who used to be in Iced Earth. :)

JRA 08-24-2005 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=Maideneer]But, when they finished the 'arabian' style break in 'Holy Wars', they broke into 'Killing Road' for the intro, a verse, and a chorus. Dave said to the guy 'are you satisfied now?'. Then they finished 'Holy Wars'.[/QUOTE]

Enh, that's kinda cool, and kind of a dick thing to do at the same time. I mean its understandable that they might need to rehearse some songs that they haven't played on the tour, but, let me put it this way, if Megadeth just randomly played that song all the way through, no matter how much they fucked it up, and even then proceeded to say "You satisfied now you cunting fuck?" that would have registered less on the dicketry scale.