WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tool -- Spokane, WA -- March 4th, 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24715)

toolfansat 03-05-2014 08:38 AM

Tool -- Spokane, WA -- March 4th, 2014

Source: consequenceofsound.net

[url]http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/03/check-out-the-setlist-for-tools-first-u-s-concert-in-two-years/[/url]

If they swing by my area I might have to take back what I previously said about not spending money to see them live again! (Depends on the price of course, since it IS a little short! I mean seriously - 10 songs??)

SETLIST:
1. Hooker With a Penis
2. Vicarious
3. Schism (Jam Intro)
4. Pushit
5. Intension
6. Lateralus

Intermission (with 12 minute countdown on screen)
7. Jambi
8. Forty-Six & 2
9. Ænema
10. Stinkfist

LIVEtoROCK86 03-05-2014 09:39 AM

Sort of an underwhelming set, although Hooker with a Penis is a sick opener! But nothing surprising here otherwise. And what gives with the Intermission?? This couldn't have been longer than 90min. No need.

300%_Density 03-05-2014 09:43 AM

Setlist.fm looks a little different:

VIP sound check
Pushit
(no Maynard)
Schism
(Jam Intro)
Hooker With a Penis
(No Maynard)

[B]Show[/B]
Hooker With a Penis
Vicarious
Schism (Jam Intro)
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
Intermission
(12 minute countdown on screen)
B'Boom
(King Crimson cover) (King Crimson cover plus other drums and synth by Danny)
Jambi
Forty-Six & 2
Ænema
Stinkfist

This has all the deep album cuts of a Mötley Crüe set.

toolfansat 03-05-2014 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;561302]
This has all the deep album cuts of a Mötley Crüe set.[/QUOTE]

And that, folks, is my big problem with paying to see Tool on the last couple of tours!

Derelict 03-05-2014 11:03 AM

Setlist that short, and you get a cover AND 12 minutes of looking at a screen? SIGN ME UP.

Natrlhi 03-05-2014 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=Derelict;561315]Setlist that short, and you get a cover AND 12 minutes of looking at a screen? SIGN ME UP.[/QUOTE]
The setlist really isn't that short. It's about 75 minutes.

HOWEVER...

Fucking boo at the set closer being a song I wish they would just stop playing altogether. So sick of that song.

Also, I'll never quite get why they insist on wasting seven or eight minutes playing "Intension" live. It's fine for the album it's on, but it must be so boring live. I admit I haven't seen them do it, but I can't imagine it'd be very awesome. I'd rather hear them play something with a decent tempo (or even "Wings", for that matter).

I also agree with the comment about the intermission. These guys can't be getting so old that they can't do 75-80 minutes without a 12-minute break...I mean, that's a bit weak. It's roughly 45 minutes, then a break, then 25 minutes plus whatever time that KC cover took.

Having said that, I'd love to see them do "Pushit" someday, and I guess I'm just glad Tool is finally doing their thing again and not being put on the back burner in favor of one of Maynard's other projects.

300%_Density 03-05-2014 11:18 AM

That link says it was a 2 hour show. That's a lot of wankery to get 2 hours out of 10 songs and a brief intermission.

I've always liked them but not fanatical like a lot of the morons who think they are the best band of all time. It's harder to like them now with the short crappy setlists, high ticket prices and their lack of an album for so long.

Derelict 03-05-2014 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;561320]The setlist really isn't that short. It's about 75 minutes.
[/QUOTE]

I lke tool, and i enjoyed it when i saw them, but for what they charge, 75 minutes is short.

marker 03-05-2014 12:01 PM

Must be nice to work like one week a year.

Natrlhi 03-05-2014 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=Derelict;561340]I lke tool, and i enjoyed it when i saw them, but for what they charge, 75 minutes is short.[/QUOTE]I guess I can't argue with that. They charge like a buck a minute. That's kinda fucking steep, even if they are damned good. :D