WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- Montreal, Quebec -- November 23rd, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24222)

PowerMaiden 11-24-2013 07:47 AM

Slayer -- Montreal, Quebec -- November 23rd, 2013

I didn't think that Slayer would still be that tight. They were tighter than ever or a least as tight as with Jeff (R.I.P.) and Dave. Paul and Gary did not affect the performance at all. Tom's voice was spot on aggressive\angry and he didn't miss a word all night. He seems in really good spirit and seeing the turnout (Cepsum holds 5000 and there was at least 4500) probably didn't hurt. We gave them a huge standing ovation that lasted a good 2 minutes where the band just stood still and smiled at us. The average age of the crowd was maybe a bit higher than your usual metal shows but the beer was flowing and the weed smell was always there all night. The setlist was just fucking brutal and with no break whatsoever for beer\piss refill. I still managed to get 4 more during Mandatory Suicide. When the curtain dropped for Hell Awaits I lost it. There was so many highlights that I just can't name them all but the 3 Hell Awaits songs were pretty fucking special to me... After that show I have to make peace with the fact that Jeff is no more there nor Dave ... That's the best we can get of Slayer well I'll take it.

Gojira has to be the heaviest band around. It was my 3 rd time seeing them and the best. I loved every minute of their set. Highlight for me was Flying Whales and L'enfant Sauvage. Cool that Joe was able to do his talking between songs in french. 4Arm were really good too.

All in all a really great show.

[B][U]Gojira[/U][/B]

Explosia
The Axe
Backbone
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Flying Whales
L'Enfant Sauvage
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacuity
[IMG]http://oi42.tinypic.com/28k5zmg.jpg[/IMG]

[U][B]Slayer[/B][/U]

Hell Awaits
The Antichrist
Necrophiliac
Mandatory Suicide
Captor of Sin
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
At Dawn They Sleep
Die by the Sword
Spirit in Black
Hallowed Point
Seasons in the Abyss
Strike of the Beast (Exodus cover)
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
Black Magic

South of Heaven
Angel of Death
[IMG]http://oi44.tinypic.com/v80qb9.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://oi41.tinypic.com/4jkvp4.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

hellawaits77ny 11-24-2013 10:14 AM

Awesome!! Bummed I had to miss it, but am seeing them next week. Great to see a near capacity turnout.

Exodromos 11-24-2013 12:47 PM

Going to see them tonight in Quebec City, I'm also impressed by those 3 Hell Awaits song. Necrophiliac is one of my favourite by Slayer.

Can't wait for tonight!

Xenocide 11-24-2013 02:48 PM

Got until Tuesday here. Hopefully by then I'll be fully recovered from last night's LOG show.

DisposableJustice 11-24-2013 11:26 PM

partly because I will miss this tour, I think these old school shows would be perfect for a live DVD/CD.

Dj1214 11-25-2013 04:33 AM

Scored 4 free tickets to this for the Camden show on black Friday :party:
SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

crazymetalhead 11-25-2013 08:29 AM

Just adding to PowerMaiden's post! After a few preshow bevies at Foufs, got to the venue just in time to see 4arm start things off. I checked out some of their stuff prior to going and they are a good band. They have some good talent and incorporating the thrash metal style is always a good thing. I only found that most, if not all their songs were repetitive. But they were a great start to the evening. I agree with PM, definitely an older crowd there tonight, ourselves included ;). Beer was def flowing and the fumes of mary jane were everywhere!

This was my 1st time seeing Gojira and they were heavy as F***:rocker:! I haven't gotten into them as much as I should have. Ive given them a listen here n there but never really sat down and enjoyed them enough. I'll tell ya though, after this night, that wont happen again! Highlights from their set, ALL OF IT REALLY!!! They were a great compliment to what was about to come.

This was my 14th time seeing Slayer, 1st time with Gary and he was spot on all night, dude can play!!! Ive seen Slayer with Bostaph several times before and am a huge fan of his drumming so I knew what to expect from him! Kerry was doin his usual thing, shredding away. Tom still has the pipes and hitting a ton of the high notes that I haven't heard him hit in a long time!!! We even got a glimpse or two of Tom wanting to head bang! He was grooving along a few times and you could see that the urge is still there, just too bad he cant anymore :(

They came out on stage and blasted through 5 songs before even taking a breather! Never seen that before. Very little talk at all through the show which was cool! Then as PM mentioned, there was a great standing O and you could tell that they were very appreciative of it. We didn't even get the usual "Are you ready?" intro that Tom loves so much! He already knew we were ready...WARRRRRR ENSEMBLE!!!! Seeing all the classics in one night made it for a hell of a great time! Highlights personally for me included Necrophiliac:party:, the run of songs starting with WA, Postmortem, AoS/JS, ADTS :rocker:was just fantastic!! Spirit in Black has always been a personal fav too along with the RB/BM combo! It was great to hear some of these songs after jamming them so many times before in my previous band. And of course, as always hearing AoD as the closer is the epitome of what Slayer really is!

I got a shit-ton of pics n vids from the floor and also from a buddy who was sitting up a bit higher in the stands. Got some great vantage shots of the floor, the bands, the pits!! All in all, another spectacular event that Slayer has always given!!! I will never miss a Slayer show!! RIP Jeff-You may be gone, but your music still lives on forever!

PowerMaiden 11-25-2013 08:50 AM

awesome man ! what a show ! that was my 8 th time (only) seeing Slayer, 2 nd with Paul and first time with Gary.

also I forgot to mention, they put Jeff's guitar on his side of the stage (The 'Hanneman' one with Heineken logo) if you look closely you can see it on my last picture near the Marshall amps. I thought that was pretty cool

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

hellawaits77ny 11-25-2013 09:50 AM

Pre-gaming at Fouf's then seeing Slayer sounds about like a perfect night.

the deathmetaler 11-27-2013 03:50 AM

Did anybody see how much the Slayer tour shirts were or what they looked like? I'm going this Saturday.