WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Former Manson guitarist diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24165)

Steev 11-15-2013 06:40 AM

Former Manson guitarist diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer

Scott Mitchell Putesky grew from '90s green-haired goth rocker to clean-shaven musician, but he recently let his mustache grow. It's a symbol of his fight against stage-four colon cancer.

It represents my personal crusade," he says, two months into his six-month chemo treatment. "Cancer: Take my hair. Take my mustache. I challenge you. I still have my hair and mustache. So Im winning.

On Aug. 14, after nearly six years of mysterious abdomen pains -- some so piercing he ended up in the emergency room -- a colonoscopy revealed the 45-year-old had cancer. They prescribed him six months of chemotherapy.

Putesky was the founding guitarist of the Fort Lauderdale-born, industrial-metal group Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids, formed in 1990. He and vocalist Brian Warner, a.k.a. Marilyn Manson, were drivers of the goth scene in South Florida.

AnthG 11-15-2013 06:49 AM

Daisy Berkowitz was his stage name for those wondering. I think he played on Antichrist Superstar and Portrait of an American family.

And that sucks. A lot.

ravenheart 11-15-2013 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=Steev;546782]after nearly six years of mysterious abdomen pains[/QUOTE]

Erm...

hellawaits77ny 11-15-2013 07:05 AM

That sucks, hopefully he can keep it where it's at.

adamclark52 11-15-2013 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;546785]Erm...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd usually go to the doctor after six days. But I wish him a speedy recovery.

He did play with Manson up until 1996, he even penned a couple songs on Antichrist Superstar ([I]Irresponsible Hate Anthem, Tourniquet, Wormboy[/I] and [I]Man That You Fear[/I]) but didn't perform on the album. Then they had a very bad break-up, lawsuits over songwriting credits from Antichrist Superstar and he faded into obscurity. He's actually a very good guitar player.

W0unds 11-15-2013 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=AnthG;546784]Daisy Berkowitz was his stage name for those wondering. I think he played on Antichrist Superstar and Portrait of an American family.

And that sucks. A lot.[/QUOTE]

He left the band halfway through the recording of Antichrist Superstar, he has a few writing credits on the album however. I believe Twiggy wrote and recorded lead guitar for the remaining content.

This is a very bad diagnosis though - according to Cancer.org stage 4 colon cancer only has a 6% 5 year survival rate.

Hopefully the chemo is successful and he has a speedy recovery.

Steev 11-15-2013 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=W0unds;546789]He left the band halfway through the recording of Antichrist Superstar, he has a few writing credits on the album however. I believe Twiggy wrote and recorded lead guitar for the remaining content.

This is a very bad diagnosis though - according to Cancer.org stage 4 colon cancer only has a 6% 5 year survival rate.

Hopefully the chemo is successful and he has a speedy recovery.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he was out and replaced by Zim Zum for touring purposes(who in turn left after that tour was over)

anomynous 11-15-2013 09:40 AM

Hope he pulls out of it

justinm4bama 11-15-2013 11:45 AM

Hope he recovers. My step dad just passed away from it this year. Fuck cancer.

John The Drummer 11-15-2013 11:53 AM

Damn that is terrible. Wishing him the best! Never was too into Manson, but [I]Antichrist[/I] was a great album.