WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- San Jose, CA -- October 30th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24097)

TonyD 10-31-2013 01:50 AM

Slayer -- San Jose, CA -- October 30th, 2013

Got a ticket last minute for $20, any more and I would have skipped it. Gojira was great as expected. If it were anybody other than "fuckin SLAYER bro", they would've stole the show.
Obviously my feelings are mixed. Watching the first part of the show off to the side was pretty dull, half of the entertainment is being in the pit. Seems like nobody was missing the other half of the band, as Slayer is still in the background.

Speaking of which, since everyone just gets to watch Kerry King and Gary Holt headbang on stage, don't bother doing anything other than putting up a few different banners and upside down crucifixes on stage... I don't think I've ever seen a stage that boring at a show that sold 3,000+ tickets at 40 bucks each (before fees...).

[B]Gojira[/B]
Oroborus
The Axe
Backbone
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Flying Whales
L'Enfant Sauvage
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacuity

[B]Slayer[/B]
Hell Awaits
The Antichrist
Necrophiliac
Mandatory Suicide
Captor of Sin
War Ensemble
Postmortem (autocorrected to Postmodern on my phone)
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
At Dawn They Sleep
Die By the Sword
Hallowed Point
Seasons In the Abyss
Strike of the Beast
Dead Skin Mask
Raining blood
Black Magic

South of Heaven
Angel of Death

slapguitarer 10-31-2013 08:41 AM

Gojira was v good. Especially for free dollars. I think that makes for 5 Concerts I've attended for free this year.

IrritatedTrout 10-31-2013 09:33 AM

Really nice Gojira set.

Cross Face Chicken Wing 10-31-2013 09:54 AM

How are the pre-Seasons songs going over during Slayer's set?

I love the old school setlist and am happy that they're playing so many pre-Seasons songs, but a lot of the pre-Seasons material has been met with blank stares from much of the audience at the last few Slayer shows I've been to.

Just curious....

hellawaits77ny 10-31-2013 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=Cross Face Chicken Wing;545319], but a lot of the pre-Seasons material has been met with blank stares from much of the audience at the last few Slayer shows I've been to.

Just curious....[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That's a GD shame.

OraclesofAgony 10-31-2013 01:13 PM

Wow, the old school set with Strike of the Beast added in.

Yeah, we got screwed on Monday.

TonyD 10-31-2013 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=Cross Face Chicken Wing;545319]How are the pre-Seasons songs going over during Slayer's set?

I love the old school setlist and am happy that they're playing so many pre-Seasons songs, but a lot of the pre-Seasons material has been met with blank stares from much of the audience at the last few Slayer shows I've been to.

Just curious....[/QUOTE]

You mean pre-Reign in Blood? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Travis The Dragon 10-31-2013 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;545296]
Speaking of which, since everyone just gets to watch Kerry King and Gary Holt headbang on stage, don't bother doing anything other than putting up a few different banners and upside down crucifixes on stage... I don't think I've ever seen a stage that boring at a show that sold 3,000+ tickets at 40 bucks each (before fees...).[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to a Slayer show before? They've never had a fancy stage production. It's always been pretty simple.

TonyD 10-31-2013 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=fonzbear2000;545381]Have you ever been to a Slayer show before? They've never had a fancy stage production. It's always been pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah, I've seen them at least have video once or twice and I always appreciated the giant cross made of Marshalls, but it just seems like they don't spend a dime more than they need to. That and the fact that they didn't just call it quits since they've been talking about hanging it up soon for years, it's obvious that they're trying to milk the Slayer brand for all it's worth.

LogicBomb 10-31-2013 05:09 PM

I really hope Gojira isn't one of those bands that gets popular and then never plays anything from their older albums. It's kind of funny actually, they're playing all newer stuff and Slayer playing all old stuff.