WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eddie Trunk's 30th Anniversary Party -- New York, NY -- October 23rd, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24055)

dcmetal108 10-24-2013 05:08 AM

Eddie Trunk's 30th Anniversary Party -- New York, NY -- October 23rd, 2013

CAPTAIN NEMO (MSG) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot)

DIAMONDS AND RUST (JUDAS PRIEST) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot - Tony Harnell on Vox)

BURN (DEEP PURPLE) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot - Tony Harnell on Vox)

RESTLESS AND WILD (ACCEPT) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot - Mark Tornillo on Vox)

ON FIRE (VAN HALEN) (Portnoy & Sheehan - Mark Tornillo on Vox, Steve Brown on Guitar)

LIGHT UP THE SKY (VAN HALEN) (Portnoy & Sheehan - Mark Tornillo on Vox, Steve Brown on Guitar)

UNDER THE BLADE (TWISTED SISTER) (Portnoy & Sheehan - Jay Jay French on Guitar, Bobby Blitz Ellsworth on Vox)

YOU CAN'T STOP ROCK & ROLL (TWISTED SISTER) (Portnoy & Sheehan - Jay Jay French on Guitar, Bobby Blitz Ellsworth on Vox)

TOO HOT TO HANDLE (UFO) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot - Lita Ford on Vox)

ROCK BOTTOM (UFO) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot - Michael Sweet on Vox)

GOT TO CHOOSE (KISS) (Portnoy & Bumblefoot - Scott Ian on Guitar & Frank Bello on Bass/Vox)

PARASITE (KISS) (Portnoy & Bumblefoot - Scott Ian on Guitar, Frank Bello on Bass and Ace Frehley on Guitar & Vox)

HOOLIGAN (KISS) (Bumblefoot, Frank Bello on Bass, Peter Criss on Vox & Drums)

LOVE HER ALL I CAN (KISS) (Bumblefoot, Scott Ian on Guitar, Frank Bello on Bass/Vox, Ace Frehley on Guitar, Peter Criss on Drums)

ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT (KISS) (Portnoy & Bumblefoot - Scott Ian on Guitar, Frank Bello on Bass, Ace Frehley on Guitar, Peter Criss on Drums)

--------- (encore:)

DOCTOR DOCTOR (UFO) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot - Lita Ford on Guitar, Geoff Tate, Michael Sweet & Tony Harnell on Vox, Charlie Benante on 2nd Drums)

LIGHTS OUT (UFO) (Portnoy, Sheehan & Bumblefoot - Lita Ford on Guitar, Michael Sweet & Tony Harnell on Vox, Charlie Benante on 2nd Drums)

I guess Mike Portnoy put together a show for Eddie Trunk and he posed the setlist from it.

God damn that KISS stuff is cool.

dwils65 10-24-2013 06:31 AM

Wow, that is some set!!

BTBAM310 10-24-2013 10:01 AM

Awesome setlist, but...

Something with Eddie Trunk's name on it that only features stuff from the 70s and 80s? I'm shocked!

dcmetal108 10-24-2013 10:09 AM

I'm not a fan of Eddie Trunk but this set is awesome.

justinm4bama 10-24-2013 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=BTBAM310;544589]Awesome setlist, but...

Something with Eddie Trunk's name on it that only features stuff from the 70s and 80s? I'm shocked![/QUOTE]

Haha did you ever see the episode of TMS were Johan from Amon Amarth had a short interview? Eddie just sat there and didn't say a single word.

Nater 10-24-2013 10:35 AM

It's cool that Steve Brown played guitar on the Van Halen tracks. I saw his VH tribute band a couple years back and it kicked ass.

The Ghost at Number One 10-24-2013 12:34 PM

Bumblefoot actually sang lead on Love Her All I Can.

BTBAM310 10-24-2013 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=justinm4bama;544597]Haha did you ever see the episode of TMS were Johan from Amon Amarth had a short interview? Eddie just sat there and didn't say a single word.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen it, but i'll check it out

jhdeity 10-24-2013 06:26 PM

Damn that's cool

Robert 10-24-2013 10:43 PM

What an amazing night!

This party celebrating Eddie's 30 years in radio was held in the NYC, Times Square Hard Rock Cafe lower level theater area. I was lucky enough to win entry. I don't even know where to begin in my comments. (Thanks to who ever typed or posted the jam set, saved me a ton of typing)

First the Winery Dogs played a 45-50 minute set. Ending with DLR- Shyboy, which the crowd really dug. About 15 mins later the jam session started. Every song was rocking, the band was just as into it as the crowd was. I have to say Bumblefoot is an absolutely amazing player. He played the MSG and Purple songs perfectly. According to my notes, Bumblefoot also played on the T.S. songs with J.J. I also noted during Hooligan, Bello (while playing) basically stared at Peter the whole time with a shit eating grin, and Scott Ian was side stage videoing the whole thing on his camera. Highlights for me have to be Burn w/Harnell (ridiculous), Light up the sky w/steve Brown (of trixter for those that dont know) he absolutely rips!, Rock Bottom, with Michael Sweet, and the 5 song Kiss set. I was losing my mind during Love her all I can! Scott Ian looked like he was in heaven, and I was too. A once in a lifetime gig, I will never forget it. cant wait to see footage on Youtube!

Morbid Angel 11/12
Sepultura 11/18
Overkill/Kreator 11/24
Slayer 11/27