WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What's your personal limit on "acceptable" ticket fees? (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24043)

toolfansat 10-21-2013 07:16 AM

What's your personal limit on "acceptable" ticket fees?

I was looking at the Sammy Hagar show in Lowell, MA on 10/25, but the fees work out to 42% ($14.50 in fees on a $35.00 ticket - including $1 for Will Call pickup - WTF?).

While I know none of us want to pay ANY fees, it's a fact of life unfortunately, but personally once it gets up around 25% of the ticket face value, I start to question whether or not it's worth it. And 42% is just out of the question for me.

Thoughts?

ravenheart 10-21-2013 07:18 AM

I've never really thought of a limit on the fees specifically, just on the total price.

And that limit depends on the band and the venue.

But to put it simply, 60. I've broken it three times. 65 twice for Black Sabbath, and 70 for the Concert for Jon Lord next year.

Within that price I don't care if it's 5% face value and 95% fees or vice versa.

dcmetal108 10-21-2013 08:00 AM

It differs per venue and ticket site but for Ticketmaster I usually expect at least $12 of fees per ticket.

IrritatedTrout 10-21-2013 08:06 AM

If I really want to go, I go. Regardless of fees and all that. At this point, I just count them as a part of the price of admission and don't really differentiate between what percentage of the cost is just the ticket and what part is just fees.

The most I've ever paid for a show was about $156 for Rush in 2012 and $150 for Black Sabbath this year.

justinm4bama 10-21-2013 08:06 AM

I usually skip the Ticketbastard fees and buy straight from the box office. I'm taking my girlfriend and her parents to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra in December. It would have been $250 for the four of us with Ticketbastard, but at the box office it was only $200.

The club level shows are the same way here. If I'm at a show I buy all my tickets advanced straight from the venue.

PowerMaiden 10-21-2013 09:17 AM

yeah, I'm with everyone on this, it's the total cost of the ticket that mathers.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

christopher 10-21-2013 10:04 AM

I remember Down was playing the Key Club last year and the venue put up tickets for $5 with a $6 service fee. :lol: It turned out that was an error and they cancelled my order and put tickets back up for $30.

markrz 10-21-2013 10:17 AM

I go to great, sometimes irrational, lengths to avoid Ticketmaster fees. Sometimes the amount of extra work it takes to go to the venue box office outweighs what I would have paid for the TM fees. But I do it out of principle.

If it's a ticket of the kind that comes with a service fee above $10, I usually just end up not going to the show.

kalfitegrdan 10-21-2013 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;544304]I've never really thought of a limit on the fees specifically, just on the total price.

And that limit depends on the band and the venue.

But to put it simply, 60. I've broken it three times. 65 twice for Black Sabbath, and 70 for the Concert for Jon Lord next year.

Within that price I don't care if it's 5% face value and 95% fees or vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this. I refuse to pay over $60 for a ticket. The most I've ever paid for a show was $60 even both times I saw Rammstein.

Bengals279 10-21-2013 10:21 AM

2 of the past 3 concerts ive gone to, ive gotten tickets off of craigslist instead of ticketmaster. But yeah total price of ticket is what matters to me