WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   40 Below Summer -- Lansing, MI -- October 19th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24041)

kevindeets 10-20-2013 11:02 AM

40 Below Summer -- Lansing, MI -- October 19th, 2013

A local band called [B]Beyond The Fallout [/B]played first. I'd never heard of them before, but they were fantastic... an excellent way to start the show.

Next was a band from New York called [B]Pralaya[/B]. I liked them a lot, but it seemed like only about 10 people were paying attention to their set. They were good, though.

[B]Know Lyfe[/B] played next. This was the 10th anniversary of their first album, so they played a lot of older songs. Their set was incredible. They tore the place apart! Check them out if you've never heard of them.

[B][U]Know Lyfe setlist[/U][/B]
Veins & Vines
Piss, Papers, and Lotion
The Dreamer
Oceans
Feeble
Escopia
The Worm In The Apple Tree (w/ Max from [B]40 Below Summer[/B])
Blood & Wine
Balloons
At The Tip of The Blade

[B]Straight Line Stitch [/B]was up next. I've seen them a ton of times, and they're usually really solid live, but for some reason this was an off night for them. Oh well, it happens.

[B][U]Straight Line Stitch setlist[/U][/B]
Conversion
Never See The Day
Laughing In The Rearview
Taste of Ashes (w/ Alfonso from [B]Know Lyfe[/B])
Bar Room Brawl
Black Veil

A local band called [B]Adrenachrome[/B] was next. This was the CD release show for their new CD. I watched the first half of their set, but then I went over to the bar to check out the Tigers game (sadly). I liked what I heard, though.

[B]40 Below Summer[/B] headlined. I had not seen them in over 8 years. I'm so glad they're back w/ a new record. Hopefully this means I'll get to see them many more times. Their set was so fun! They didn't take the stage until almost midnight, so a lot of people had left. Only about 200 people watched their set, but everyone who left early definitely missed out. It was their loss. The setlist was pretty much perfect, except I am not a huge fan of the song "Taxi Cab Confession." I can't complain, though. Alfonso from Know Lyfe came out to sing their last 2 songs w/ them. That was really cool. Excellent set, and altogether a fantastic evening of live music!

[B][U]40 Below Summer setlist[/U][/B]
Falling Down
Rope
We The People
My Name Is Vengeance
Better Life
Rain
Bottom Feeder
Taxi Cab Confession
Wither Away
A Season In Hell
Step Into The Sideshow (w/ Alfonso from [B]Know Lyfe[/B])
F. E. (w/ Alfonso from [B]Know Lyfe[/B])

jhdeity 10-20-2013 04:07 PM

Taxi Cab Confession is one of my 10 favorite songs of all time. I'll never get tired of that song.

Surprised they didn't play Self Medicate. Really want to see them live but would love to see 15-18 songs instead of 12 songs with 6 openers.

dcmetal108 10-20-2013 04:59 PM

Straight Line Stitch tours literally nonstop.

illninoese 10-20-2013 06:28 PM

A Season In Hell and F.E.!?!?!?!?!?! That's right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they have a full fledged US tour soon.

John The Drummer 10-21-2013 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;544271]
Surprised they didn't play Self Medicate. [/QUOTE]

That was my jam back in high school!!! :rocker:

jhdeity 10-21-2013 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;544328]That was my jam back in high school!!! :rocker:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can't remember which GTA game it was but you played to your own soundtrack and I wore that entire cd out while busting skulls! Great memories...

kevindeets 10-23-2013 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;544271] Really want to see them live but would love to see 15-18 songs instead of 12 songs with 6 openers.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. Maybe their set was cut a few songs short b/c they took the stage an hour late. Their set was AMAZING, though... better than I thought it'd be. As far as having too many openers, if the local bands didn't play this show there probably would've been less than 100 people there. The show was almost sold out (500 people) all because Know Lyfe, Beyond The Fallout & Adrenachrome brought their friends & fans. I understand you may not wanna see local bands, but smaller national touring bands like 40 Below Summer & Straight Line Stitch depend on the local openers to promote the shows & sell tickets. Without local support bands, those national bands couldn't tour.

Sorry I didn't mean to be on a soapbox. Glad you're a 40 Below fan!

jhdeity 10-23-2013 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=kevindeets;544535]I understand that. Maybe their set was cut a few songs short b/c they took the stage an hour late. Their set was AMAZING, though... better than I thought it'd be. As far as having too many openers, if the local bands didn't play this show there probably would've been less than 100 people there. The show was almost sold out (500 people) all because Know Lyfe, Beyond The Fallout & Adrenachrome brought their friends & fans. I understand you may not wanna see local bands, but smaller national touring bands like 40 Below Summer & Straight Line Stitch depend on the local openers to promote the shows & sell tickets. Without local support bands, those national bands couldn't tour.

Sorry I didn't mean to be on a soapbox. Glad you're a 40 Below fan![/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a lot of friends in bands and they have to sell their 50 tickets to be able to play that show. I get all that it just kills me when I see grunge bands playing 28-30 songs like Chris Cornell or Pearl Jam and other bands like 40 Below and Hed PE playing 12 songs. I get it's apples and oranges but in reality for a headliner to play 60-70 minutes sucks. Especially if said band is someone on my "Must see before I die" list like 40 Below. hahaha There should be a 90 minute headliner law...