WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Iron Maiden -- Nashville, TN -- September 5th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23834)

justinm4bama 09-06-2013 01:17 AM

Iron Maiden -- Nashville, TN -- September 5th, 2013

Iron Maiden was one of the first heavy metal bands I've ever listened to and since I've first heard of them I waited about a decade to see them. Made several attempts to see them during that time by buying tickets in DC a few years ago (a firend canceled at the last minute), in Tampa (gas prices went too high), and in Atlanta last year (Army sent me to Ft. Lewis, WA two days before the show). So I've been let down several times that I wasn't able to go by things that were out of my control. When I found out they were coming to Nashville I bought tickets two days after they went on sale in the 1st tier with two of my good friends.

We left Atlanta to Chattanooga to check out a used CD store. Bought 8 CDs (Warlock, KISS, Katakylsm, etc.) for $20 so not bad. After that we went to Stone River which is an old civil war battlefield and took a tour of it which was real cool. When we were done there we had about four hours until the show started so we headed to Rock Bottom (thanks IrritatedTrout for suggesting that) to have a few beers which were really good.

We got in right as Megadeth were halfway through Hanger 18. This was my sixth time seeing them and they play that song every time so no big deal missing it. Then they started playing Wake Up Dead, and by then I was at my seat handbanging. I was really surprised how well Dave sounded! They didn't hardly waste any time in between songs even though She-Wolf got cut from the set they only played 45 minutes.

There was a Wayne's World clip in between one of the songs when he's asking "Do you have any Megadeth?" I thought was pretty cool, and there another clip but I'm not sure from what movie that's from. Before Megadeth went into Holy Wars, Dave talked for a minute about a political song they're about to play and went on talking about how we need to stay out of Syria, but they also need to get their ass kicked too. Thought that was really cool of him saying that because I pretty have the same view on it. Overall their sound was spot on just wished they played a little more, but what a great way to open a show! 8.5/10

Megadeth's set:

Hanger 18
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
KingMaker
Tornado of Souls
Peace Sells
Symphony of Destruction
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

As soon as Maiden came on stage my jaw hit the floor and stayed there for the whole show. It was probably the best arena show I've ever been to. Sound was great, pyro was really cool, setlist was the same, and the band put in 100% effort. The crowd was a little dead from where I was, but for the most part the whole place was going crazy the entire time. So glad I got to finally see IRON MAIDEN!!! 10/10

Moonchild
Can I Play with Madness
The Prisoner
2 Minutes to Midnight
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore

Churchill's Speech
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

zekeyou 09-06-2013 02:27 AM

Besides She Wolf it looks like they also cut Symphony of Destruction.

Sanitarium78 09-06-2013 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=zekeyou;540402]Besides She Wolf it looks like they also cut Symphony of Destruction.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they dropped Symphony. The OP probably just forgot to type it. There's no way they don't do that song.

About damn time we got a Maiden review on here. After not hearing anything about the first show I was starting to think something had gone wrong with this page;)

justinm4bama 09-06-2013 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=zekeyou;540402]Besides She Wolf it looks like they also cut Symphony of Destruction.[/QUOTE]

They did play it. Good catch.

WOLVERINEKILLS 09-06-2013 09:50 AM

Last night was nothing short of awesome - great review!!!

Zla Vydra 09-06-2013 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=justinm4bama;540400]

We left Atlanta to Chattanooga to check out a used CD store. Bought 8 CDs (Warlock, KISS, Katakylsm, etc.) for $20 so not bad. [/QUOTE]

Tell me more about this store. Atlanta is now bereft of any music stores that stock metal.

NickLed19 09-06-2013 12:33 PM

Last night was amazing, but Nashville crowds are weak. Everyone around me only seemed to know 5-6 songs. The guy a few seats down from me sat down the entire show and texted. Its Maiden guys, get your ass up.

Nobody tops Maiden live.

PowerMaiden 09-06-2013 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=NickLed19;540429]Last night was amazing, but Nashville crowds are weak. Everyone around me only seemed to know 5-6 songs. The guy a few seats down from me sat down the entire show and texted. Its Maiden guys, get your ass up.

Nobody tops Maiden live.[/QUOTE]

that's just fucking terrible, unfortunately I'm not that surprised, I've seen a lot of pretty lame U.S. crowds over the years, but for a classic setlist like this I would have hope to see everybody rocking

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

NickLed19 09-06-2013 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=PowerMaiden;540431]that's just fucking terrible, unfortunately I'm not that surprised, I've seen a lot of pretty lame U.S. crowds over the years, but for a classic setlist like this I would have hope to see everybody rocking

Cheers !
PowerMaiden[/QUOTE]

It was not much better last year when I saw them. A lot of people buy tickets to hear RTTH, NOTB, The Trooper, and Fear of the Dark. Its sad but true.:confused:

marker 09-06-2013 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=NickLed19;540432]It was not much better last year when I saw them. A lot of people buy tickets to hear RTTH, NOTB, The Trooper, and Fear of the Dark. Its sad but true.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Well it is Nashville, maybe they were expecting Kenny Chesney to jam with them.