WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black Sabbath -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 22nd, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23770)

Solarian13 08-23-2013 07:08 AM

Black Sabbath -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 22nd, 2013

I'd already seen Heaven And Hell in 2007, and seeing Ozzy-era Sabbath was something I'd been wanting to do for a long time, so this was really an incredible show. They looked and sounded awesome, definitely not a band that's gotten worse with age. The show looked like it was nearly sold out.

Andrew WK did his DJ thing as an opener (just played various classic rock/metal songs) and then after a quick 15 minute set change it was Sabbath time! They were heavy as fuck and sounded phenomenal. It's really amazing that a band like this is still around and still sounds so good.

Setlist:
--------
War Pigs
Into The Void
Under The Sun
Snowblind
Age Of Reason
Black Sabbath
Behind The Wall Of Sleep
NIB
End Of the Beginning
Fairies Wear Boots
Rat Salad / Drum Solo
Iron Man
God Is Dead
Paranoid

This was the same set as they did the other shows, but they cut out Dirty Women and Children Of The Grave. I think it was due to Ozzy, he sounded perfect the first half of the show but then his voice started going downhill in the second half, you could hear his voice breaking and him failing to hit notes, etc. He even said at one point "I'm having some problems here, so forgive me if I sing like an asshole". Oh well, it was still awesome despite that.

Also, get your merch early. I picked up a shirt at the end of the show but by then most of the designs and sizes were sold out.

Great show overall, though. I very highly recommend going to see them if you can.

bigguytoo9 08-23-2013 09:09 AM

I was there last night, Ozzy started off good on War Pigs and as the OP mentioned, it went downhill. Anyway, Iommi and Geezer obviously sounded AMAZING! Tommy was pretty alright too despite he looks like an Ape bashing the drums.

Go to this concert if you have a chance, even if it's just to see Tony one last time before he dies.

Sanitarium78 08-23-2013 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=bigguytoo9;538918] Go to this concert if you have a chance, even if it's just to see Tony one last time before he dies.[/QUOTE]

Now that comment was unnecessary. Yeah, he has to battle the cancer he has for the rest of his life but nowhere has it been confirmed that he's gonna die soon.

Sepultura69 08-23-2013 03:54 PM

I hope they don't cut out "Children of The Grave" at my show. :( :snivel:

El Gordo 08-23-2013 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;538924]Now that comment was unnecessary. Yeah, he has to battle the cancer he has for the rest of his life but nowhere has it been confirmed that he's gonna die soon.[/QUOTE]

Lol lighten up. Dude's old, and Sabbath may very well never tour again.

bigguytoo9 08-23-2013 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=El Gordo;538958]Lol lighten up. Dude's old, and Sabbath may very well never tour again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah man, I highly doubt Tony and the boys will be able to suit up for one more round. Maybe the odd date here and there.

Phil709 08-23-2013 07:53 PM

They cut out Dirty Women and Children of the Grave?! I would've been like this: :bouville:.

By the way, how did Bill Ward sound? When I saw him he looked youthful and energetic and he even had the classic beard. Plus he played an extra-long drum solo!

sc666 08-23-2013 08:36 PM

No Bill Ward on this tour.

PowerMaiden 08-23-2013 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=Phil709;538971]

By the way, how did Bill Ward sound? When I saw him he looked youthful and energetic and he even had the classic beard. Plus he played an extra-long drum solo![/QUOTE]

welcome back to 2013 Buddy :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PVH5150 08-23-2013 11:07 PM

No Headless Cross or Evil Eye?

Refund or gtfo.