WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Shanghai, China -- August 13th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23708)

DisposableJustice 08-13-2013 07:38 AM

Metallica -- Shanghai, China -- August 13th, 2013

1. Hit the Lights
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls
3. Fuel
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6. Broken, Beat & Scarred
7. The Memory Remains
8. Wherever I May Roam
9. The Unforgiven
10. Sad But True
11. Orion
12. Fade to Black
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
Encore
16. Breadfan
17. Motorbreath
18. Seek & Destroy

While there is nothing super special about this setlist (expect there is no One, which is odd but they do have a 2nd show today) I'm posting this because this is the first time that I know of a metal band playing in China; I'm sure there have been other big bands in other music genres who have played in China, but I never thought I'd see a metal play;

hot_turkey_ed 08-13-2013 07:55 AM

I did a search based on thread title alone.. this is probably our first set list for a show in China, period. Nothing else shows up but this one.

It's really odd that One is missing, even if another show is scheduled. Given that it is China, censors? I don't know.

MetalIsArt 08-13-2013 08:07 AM

No one is a nice change, but it's gotta be the censors. Second show tomorrow.

AnthG 08-13-2013 08:31 AM

One is still killer live, so I'd hardly call that a nice change. Now, if they decided one day "hey, fuck Nothing Else matters, let's not play it", then i'd be like "K cool"

mankvill 08-13-2013 08:39 AM

In China, they're probably not going to be able to play any songs about war at all. No One, no Disposable Heroes, nothing like that.

justinm4bama 08-13-2013 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;537739]In China, they're probably not going to be able to play any songs about war at all. No One, no Disposable Heroes, nothing like that.[/QUOTE]

I would love it if they played Fight Fire with Fire for them haha.

MetalIsArt 08-13-2013 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=AnthG;537738]One is still killer live, so I'd hardly call that a nice change. Now, if they decided one day "hey, fuck Nothing Else matters, let's not play it", then i'd be like "K cool"[/QUOTE]

Did I say it wasn't "killer"? it's just been played too much, as is NEM.

:tp:

TheWildAndTheYoung 08-13-2013 10:13 AM

If I went to see Metallica, I'd definitely want to see One get played, that's the song that introduced me to Metallica and to heavier music in general so I'd say always play it.It's funny though, I never thought of it but I can't think of any other metal band to play China either.

slapguitarer 08-13-2013 10:26 AM

I know Alcest has played gigs in China, but that's the only relatively metal group I can think of ever playing in China besides Metallica just now.

hellawaits77ny 08-13-2013 10:40 AM

Bland setlist, but extremely cool they're playing in China.

Not sure about One being banned because of war, because Bellz is about the Spanish Civil War, if I recall. But who knows with China.