WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Baroness -- West Babylon, NY -- July 30th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23617)

Polock91 07-30-2013 07:43 PM

Baroness -- West Babylon, NY -- July 30th, 2013

They were selling the remainder of their shirts from the last tour for $5 each. Just my luck that they didn't have one even close to my size lol. Oh well. The merch lady said they were getting all new stuff for their show at the House of Vans in Brooklyn tomorrow with The Melvins, so, all should be good if anyone is planning on seeing them there.

Fun early evening show at a record store. I've now seen Baroness once before and after "the incident." The remainder of the band from before seem to have healed well, and the 2 new guys are playing the parts very well. Plus, it looks like Andrew Lincoln from the Walking Dead is their new drummer lol.

Take My Bones Away
March to the Sea
A Horse Called Golgotha
Green Theme
Swollen and Halo
Sea Lungs
Cocainium
[B]Rays on Pinion[/B] (thanks "anonymous" and BloofoftheKings)
Board Up the House
Sweetest Curse
Isak

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, for those who don't know, this show was supposed to happen last summer, but because of the crash, it had to be rescheduled. According to the guys who work at Looney Tunes, this show took 2 years to get booked, and was originally booked by a guy named "Pat," who I believe is no longer with us. One of the guys at the store announced that as Baroness was taking the stage, and he dedicated the show to his friend.

TonyD 07-30-2013 08:16 PM

Nice was it free?

BloodoftheKings 07-30-2013 10:57 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;535754]Nice was it free?[/QUOTE]

Not really. To get a wrist band for the show you needed to buy a Baroness CD or LP from the store.

If you got that set from setlist.fm it's the one I put up and I can't guarantee it's correct. I'm certain of the first three and the last three songs but i'm fuzzy on the order of everything in the middle. Also I feel like there's a song missing between Golgotha and Green Theme.

anomynous 07-30-2013 11:45 PM

Somebody on FB posted they played Rays on Pinion

BloodoftheKings 07-30-2013 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=anomynous;535775]Somebody on FB posted they played Rays on Pinion[/QUOTE]

Yeah they did do that one. I think it was between Cocainium and Board Up the House.

TonyD 07-31-2013 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;535774]Not really. To get a wrist band for the show you needed to buy a Baroness CD or LP from the store.
[/QUOTE]

Fair enough... Rays on Pinion is good news

MetalIsArt 07-31-2013 02:06 AM

Seeing them in september, one of the few "new" metalbands I like. Better than Mastodon.

Natrlhi 07-31-2013 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;535780]Rays on Pinion is good news[/QUOTE]

You're fuckin' A right on that one, sonny. A [I]Red Album[/I] song besides "Isak"? Yes, please!
(Just to be clear, "Isak" is the best song on the album, it's just that their sets have been needing more [I]Red Album[/I] for some time now.)

Looks like they're following a similar setlist pattern as they did at Bonnaroo and on the tour before that, except:
[LIST][*]No more "Foolsong". Ay-fucking-men. Worst Baroness song evar. :barf:[*]"The Line Between" dropped. I can deal.[*]"Eula" dropped. I'll live.[*]"Sea Lungs" retained (though they apparently didn't play it at Bonnaroo). Definitely cool.[*]The setlist isn't shockingly, awesomely long anymore. This is the only disppointing aspect to me. I hate that I missed the first leg of this tour, but that's life. Those setlists were almost too good to be true, but since this is a co-headlining tour with Ghost, I guess we can't expect two-hour sets from both bands every night.[/LIST]I is getting stupid stoked for tomorry. :dorky:

Onioner 07-31-2013 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;535850][*]The setlist isn't shockingly, awesomely long anymore. This is the only disppointing aspect to me. I hate that I missed the first leg of this tour, but that's life. Those setlists were almost too good to be true, but since this is a co-headlining tour with Ghost, I guess we can't expect two-hour sets from both bands every night.[/LIST]I is getting stupid stoked for tomorry. :dorky:[/QUOTE]

This was an in-store show as opposed to a legit headlining performance, I'm sure you'll get a real long set at your show tomorrow. I'm so pissed that the San Diego show is sold out, at least I can say I saw them twice pre-accident.

anomynous 07-31-2013 01:51 PM

This clearly wasn't a "real" show since it was at a record store. I also think only one show is with Ghost.