WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pearl Jam -- Chicago, IL -- July 19th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23560)

PVH5150 07-20-2013 10:44 AM

Pearl Jam -- Chicago, IL -- July 19th, 2013

The 2nd of 2 summer shows.
Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs.

1. Release
2. Nothingman
3. Present Tense
4. Hold On (first time live since 11/27/09)
5. Low Light
6. Come Back
7. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter In A Small Town

*2 hour & 45 minute rain delay*

8. All The Way (Eddie Vedder song, first time live with Pearl Jam, w/Ernie Banks)
9. All Night (first time live since 9/19/11)
10. Do The Evolution
11. Setting Forth (Eddie Vedder song)
12. Corduroy
13. Faithfull
14. Mind Your Manners
15. Lightning Bolt (live debut)
16. State of Love & Trust
17. Wishlist
18. Even Flow
19. Leatherman
20. Eruption (Van Halen cover)
21. Bugs
22. Why Go
23. Unthought Known
24. Rearviewmirror

25. Future Days (live debut)
26. Mother (Pink Floyd cover)
27. Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns (Mother Love Bone cover)
28. Porch

29. Wasted Reprise
30. Life Wasted
31. Black
32. Rockin' In The Free World

Show notes: Speed of Sound, Sleight of Hand, Man of the Hour, Daughter, Better Man, Alive, Baba O'Riley, and Yellow Ledbetter were all written on the setlist throughout the encores, but were cut due to the extended rain delay.

adamclark52 07-20-2013 11:34 AM

It's pretty wild that a band has to cut eight songs from their set yet still plays thirty two songs. If I saw them and they played [I]Slight of Hand[/I] I'd jizz.

justinm4bama 07-20-2013 02:00 PM

I would have loved to gone to this show and see the Atlanta and Chicago game the next day.

300%_Density 07-20-2013 02:23 PM

Looks like Wrigley does serve some sort of purpose.

The Ghost at Number One 07-20-2013 06:17 PM

Rearviewmirror. Fuck yeah.

PowerMaiden 07-20-2013 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;534668]Rearviewmirror. Fuck yeah.[/QUOTE]

damn straight man :party:

but why the fuck stop because of the rain, what a huge let down this must have been, was it a big storm ?

anyway, Pearl Jam are great

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

adamclark52 07-20-2013 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=PVH5150;534642]Show notes: Speed of Sound, Sleight of Hand, Man of the Hour, [B]Daughter, Better Man, Alive, Baba O'Riley, and Yellow Ledbetter[/B] were all written on the setlist throughout the encores, but were cut due to the extended rain delay.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that pretty essential stuff to cut? You'd think they'd cut lesser songs but good on them for doing something different. It looks to me like they cut a whole other encore.

I didn't even know they played London, Ontario earlier this week. Damn, I really want to see Pearl Jam some day and these sets make me want to go even more.

dcmetal108 07-20-2013 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=PowerMaiden;534669]damn straight man :party:

[B]but why the fuck stop because of the rain, what a huge let down this must have been, was it a big storm ?[/B]

anyway, Pearl Jam are great

Cheers !
PowerMaiden[/QUOTE]

Yes. I live in the area and it was a insane storm. Heavy rainfall and a crazy amount of lightning.

GarageMetal468 07-21-2013 08:40 AM

Yeah I heard this went til 2 to 3 in the morning. Crazy stuff, and they definitely had to pay a LOT to cover the curfew fees. I think it's like $10,000 or something absurd for every 5 minutes you play past the curfew.

PlaysWithKnives 07-21-2013 11:21 AM

Now that's a show. Most bands would've left for the night and postponed or cancelled. Was a huge storm. We got the same thing here. Constant lightning and flooding. Good on them for finishing

Jochen 07-21-2013 01:34 PM

I was at this show. I ended up getting tickets earlier in the week, and here's how the show went down...

Pearl Jam came on around 8:20, played for 30-40 minutes (you could see lightning off in the distance while they played, which looked really cool) when Vedder said that they had to stop to allow the storm to pass and everyone had to evacuate the field. He said it would take about a half hour to evacuate and the storm would last a half hour. He also said that the curfew would be extended. So, they were probably expecting to go back on around 10 pm. Shortly after, it was raining really bad. I was in a covered section, but after a while, the rain started permeating through the roof, getting everyone wet. My girlfriend and I were attempting walking around Wrigley for a while. It was so crowded, some people were fighting, someone actually fell and got hurt in the 200 section. I was expecting them to cancel as it got later. Then around 11:30, they uncovered the instruments on stage, which sent the crowd into a cheering frenzy. Then they let people back on the field (I thought about trying to sneak into the general admission section, but wussed out), and Pearl Jam came back on at almost midnight. They played a great set and went until a little bit after 2. Eddie said they would like to do this every year...

But besides the delay, it was a great show. The crowd was really into (as they are at every PJ show). It was great to hear Present Tense and Crown of Thorns. I was gonna go to Megadeth in Milwaukee that night, but after seeing that setlist, I'm much happier to have seen Pearl Jam.

Phil709 07-21-2013 03:18 PM

2 hours and 45 minute delay?! Ouch!