WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Summer Slaughter -- San Francisco, CA -- July 19th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23558)

brutal_descent 07-20-2013 12:11 AM

Summer Slaughter -- San Francisco, CA -- July 19th, 2013

DEP

Prancer
Farewell, Mona Lisa
Milk Lizard
43% Burnt
Panasonic Youth
Room Full of Eyes
Gold Teeth on a Bum
Hero of the Soviet Union (First time played live)
Nothing's Funny (First time played live)
Dead as History
One of Us Is the Killer
Good Neighbor
When I Lost My Bet
Sunshine the Werewolf

Pewiphewy

Icarus Lives!
Facepalm Mute
Make Total Destroy
Scarlet
Zyglrox
Luck as a Constant
Have a Blast
Ragnarok

Cattle opened with A Living Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat and ended with Kingdom of Tyrants, Thy Art Is Murder opened with Purest Strain of Hate, Periphery opened with Icarus Lives, and Revocation ended with No Funeral.

christopher 07-20-2013 12:13 AM

I wish they played Nothing's Funny on the last tour. I love that song.

brutal_descent 07-20-2013 12:34 AM

- ROS cut their set short by about half of their allotted time because of some technical failure and were visibly butthurt; after a bunch of people asked them to play one last song anyway the singer said he didn't know how to sing in half speed

- This was Thy Art Is Murder's first US performance ever and they fucking ruled; would love to see them headline sometime

- A band from Las Vegas, Tales of the Grotesque, filled the special guest slot at the last minute

- Aeon brought out all of the "I'd rather be on Encyclopedia Metallum" folks out of the woodwork; I personally enjoyed them although they were probably not that great of a booking for the tour's management

- Revocation were tight - on a technical level - as expected but their sound mixing made it incredibly difficult to hear Davidson's vocals or his guitar, so that long-awaited performance was somewhat of a disappointment; didn't get to hear Cradle Robber, either

- The Ocean's new material sounded great - haven't listened to the record yet - but compared to their gig in Moscow last February it was a bit lacking in oomph

- Cattle Decapitation did what they do well but I didn't feel it at all

- Norma Jean - a band that I hadn't checked out in advance - were absolutely fucking incredible and I'm absolutely stoked to check them out on record

- Periphery weren't as enjoyable live as they were on-record for me although I was happy to see so many people singing along

- Animals as Leaders weren't as fun in the setting of the Regency Ballroom as they were in the sweaty confines of Plan B in Moscow, so I wasn't as immersed in the experience as I was then; Tosin still amazes

- DEP were a sight for sore fuckin' eyes and I'm glad to have seen them again after three years of waiting since the first time I saw 'em

OraclesofAgony 07-20-2013 01:55 AM

I want dat Aeon setlist.

dcmetal108 07-20-2013 04:09 AM

Did Revocation play The Grip Tightens?

Statutory-Mike 07-20-2013 06:51 AM

Any chance you took a good enough look at DEP or The Ocean merch to see if they had vinyl?

justinm4bama 07-20-2013 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=OraclesofAgony;534617]I want dat Aeon setlist.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Their most recent sets on setlist.fm are real good.

AnataFan4Life 07-20-2013 12:03 PM

Glad to know i'm not the only one who thinks Dave needs to turn up his vocals live. When I saw Revocation on their headlining tour last year I could barely hear what he was saying.

brutal_descent 07-20-2013 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Statutory-Mike;534628]Any chance you took a good enough look at DEP or The Ocean merch to see if they had vinyl?[/QUOTE]

I think there was for both

mankvill 07-20-2013 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;534614]- This was Thy Art Is Murder's first US performance ever and they fucking ruled; would love to see them headline sometime[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;534614]- Cattle Decapitation did what they do well but I didn't feel it at all[/QUOTE]

You've got to be squidding me.