WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sevendust -- Lansing, MI -- July 10th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23514)

kevindeets 07-12-2013 03:15 PM

Sevendust -- Lansing, MI -- July 10th, 2013

This was Common Ground Fest in Lansing. I'd never been there before, but it was about a weeks worth of shows w/ tons of different bands. One night was Country night, one night was classic rock, one night was alternative, one night was the Barenaked Ladies/Guster/Ben Folds Five show. It was really cool. I went to the hard rock day, I guess.

The 1st band I saw was [B]Monster Truck[/B]. Holy cow they were awesome! Sort of a cross between Clutch & Black Stone Cherry. Definitely check them out. I know I'll go see em again.

[B]Know Lyfe[/B] was next. They're an awesome metal band from Lansing that everyone should lend an ear to. They tear it up.

[B][U]Know Lyfe setlist[/U][/B]
Building An Empire
Veins & Vines
Ephysians
Dixie Cup Dean
Oceans
Ashes of a Funeral
She Wore a Crown
Balloons
At The Tip of The Blade

[B]Sevendust[/B] was up next. They're the reason I went. They're my favorite band, and there have been rumblings that their current album BLACK OUT THE SUN may be their last, so I'm going to see em every chance I can. This was the first show of their current tour. I'll go see em again in Toledo on 8/9. The crowd loved em. They're always good live. Myles Kennedy was watching their set from the side of the stage. I was hoping they'd bring him out to sing "Sorrow" w/ them, but it didn't happen, sadly. I've also seen Sevendust play a bunch of shows w/ Staind, and they've never done "Follow" w/ Aaron Lewis. I've seen them play "Follow," just not w/ him. I did, however, get to see them do "Licking Cream" w/ Skin from Skunk Anansie in 1999. That was awesome! Anyway, I digress. Excellent set by the Atlanta boys!

[B][U]Sevendust setlist[/U][/B]
Splinter
Till Death
Praise
Denial
Waffle
Strong Arm Broken
Decay
Black
Alpha
Bitch
Pieces
Face To Face

I caught the last 4 or 5 songs by [B]Wilson[/B]... a really cool heavy band from Detroit that's really starting to take off. They played a sold out show at The Pike Room in Pontiac last week.

[B]Slash[/B] headlined. I watched about 40 min of their set and then left (had to work the next day). I liked what I heard, but Sevendust is impossible to follow for me.

markrz 07-12-2013 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=kevindeets;533706]

[B]Know Lyfe[/B] was next. They're an awesome metal band from Lansing that everyone should lend an ear to. They tear it up.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of these guys but it's cool that they're still going. An old, defunct band of mine played a show with them in Lansing back in 2004. A couple of the guys were ex-members of another band I'd been familiar with, but unfortunately I can't remember. Anyway, their music wasn't my cup of tea, but if they're still at it, then clearly they mean what they're doing.

TheNobleFaceHumper 07-12-2013 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=kevindeets;533706]

The 1st band I saw was [B]Monster Truck[/B]. Holy cow they were awesome! Sort of a cross between Clutch & Black Stone Cherry. Definitely check them out. I know I'll go see em again.[/QUOTE]

I saw them with sevendust and pop evil in may, and yes, they are so good live and on CD, I definitely recommend checking out their album Furiousity, it's awesome.

And, clutch and BSC? I more or less thought of the Marshal Tucker Band and Scorpion Child, but I see where you're coming from.