WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Amon Amarth -- Grand Rapids, MI -- July 9th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23497)

Slasherous 07-09-2013 11:45 PM

Amon Amarth -- Grand Rapids, MI -- July 9th, 2013

Tonight was an offdate from the Mayhem Fest, which featured Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Job For A Cowboy, Battlecross, and Huntress at the Intersection. The main reason I went was to see Amon Amarth. I've seen them three times before, and this was probably the best time i've seen them. They didn't headline the show, but they might as well have, since almost half the audience left after they played. I was shocked they played Destroyer of the Universe and Pursuit of Vikings as the first two songs, since i hadn't read any mayhem setlists before hand. Epic doesn't suffice enough to describe how amazing they were. It was also the world debut of Father of the Wolf live, and for me was one of the best songs of the set.

Destroyer of the Universe
Pursuit of Vikings
War of the Gods
Father of the Wolf
Runes To My Memory
Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
Deceiver of the Gods
Death In Fire
Twilight of the Thunder God
Guardians of Asgaard

NickLed19 07-10-2013 12:49 AM

How were the other bands?

markrz 07-10-2013 06:15 AM

Are there still shows at The Orbit Room? I only went there once, but I really liked the layout of the place.

imanidiot777 07-10-2013 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=Slasherous;533365] They didn't headline the show, but they might as well have, since almost half the audience left after they played. [/QUOTE]

Who did headline? Bodom?

Slasherous 07-10-2013 08:37 AM

To reply to everything.

We arrived late and missed Huntress. We saw half of Battlecross and they were good. Job For A Cowboy was good, even though they aren't my cup of tea. Bodom headlined, and they were really good.

I've only been to the Orbit Room once and that was in 2008 for Motorhead. But from their website, and from what i've seen the past few years I don't think they do much anymore.

Blacktooth85 07-10-2013 09:44 AM

Did Amon Amarth and Bodom get the same amount of time? There's an off-date coming to my town too... It's kind of odd that Amon didn't close the show, being that they're as big as they've ever been, and it seems COB popularity has declined over the past few years.

Slasherous 07-10-2013 10:21 AM

Agreed

[QUOTE=Blacktooth85;533434]Did Amon Amarth and Bodom get the same amount of time? There's an off-date coming to my town too... It's kind of odd that Amon didn't close the show, being that they're as big as they've ever been, and it seems COB popularity has declined over the past few years.[/QUOTE]

Bodom was given a little more time I believe. Amon Amarth played 10 songs while Bodom played 15. It is odd that they didnt close, especially since IMO, that Amon Amarth by far had the biggest crowd response and the last few albums have been very successful.

kommie 07-10-2013 01:05 PM

Children took a huge musical Downfall after Hatebreeder. They have sucked ever since.

PowerMaiden 07-10-2013 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=kommie;533461]Children took a huge musical Downfall after Hatebreeder. They have sucked ever since.[/QUOTE]

no way man, they changed their style quite a bit but they still kick ass

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TheWildAndTheYoung 07-10-2013 09:04 PM

I actually have been getting into Amon Amarth despite the really deep harsh vocals, the music itself is just so freaking amazing.I like a select number of Children Of Bodom songs, most of them are on Follow The Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll.