WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Paul McCartney -- Boston, MA -- July 9th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23495)

toolfansat 07-09-2013 10:15 PM

Paul McCartney -- Boston, MA -- July 9th, 2013

SETLIST:

1. Eight Days a Week (Beatles)
2. Junior's Farm (Wings)
3. All My Loving (Beatles)
4. Listen to What the Man Said (Wings)
5. Let Me Roll It (Wings) (with "Foxy Lady" snippet)
6. Paperback Writer (Beatles)
7. My Valentine
8. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five (Wings)
9. The Long and Winding Road (Beatles)
10. Maybe I'm Amazed
11. I've Just Seen a Face (Beatles)
12. We Can Work It Out (Beatles)
13. Another Day
14. And I Love Her (Beatles)
15. Blackbird (Beatles)
16. Here Today
17. Your Mother Should Know (Beatles)
18. Lady Madonna (Beatles)
19. All Together Now (Beatles)
20. Lovely Rita (Beatles)
21. Mrs. Vandebilt (Wings)
22. Eleanor Rigby (Beatles)
23. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! (Beatles)
24. Something (Beatles)
25. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Beatles)
26. Band on the Run (Wings)
27. Back in the U.S.S.R. (Beatles)
28. Let It Be (Beatles)
29. Live and Let Die (Wings) (with Freaking HUGE Pyro!)
30. Hey Jude (Beatles)

Encore 1:
31. Day Tripper (Beatles)
32. Hi, Hi, Hi (Wings)
33. I Saw Her Standing There (Beatles)

Encore 2:
34. Yesterday (Beatles)
35. Helter Skelter (Beatles)
36. Golden Slumbers (Beatles)
37. Carry That Weight (Beatles)
38. The End (Beatles)

Since it was my birthday, and since Sir Paul had graciously decided to play in Boston to honor that, I felt it was my duty to attend! :D

All kidding aside.... what an amazing show! ESPECIALLY when you factor in the fact that he is in his 70's!

His flight was delayed out of New York, so he didn't start playing until a little after 8PM, and played with only a couple of short encore breaks until 11PM.
... and 38 songs in a setlist is not too shabby!

His voice sounded great (although HOW Fenway Park was voted as one of the Top 10 Concert Venues in the US by Rolling Stone Magazine is beyond me. Security, entry procedures, crowd movement were all a complete Cluster Fark. And the press box structure over home plate is custom designed to provide a 3 second slapback echo from the sounds coming from the PA.

Still even with all that, this was definitely one of my Top 5 concerts ever. The insane pyro/fireworks during "Live and Let Die" is worth the price of admission alone!

christopher 07-09-2013 10:45 PM

I really wish I could have seen this tour. Too bad it didn't come near me. :(

DisposableJustice 07-09-2013 11:31 PM

I might not be into his music right now, but it is a testament that a 70 old year old can do 30+ song setlist every night, so major props to him

bigguytoo9 07-10-2013 04:53 AM

Yep, Paul will blow you away in concert. 38 songs is a massive setlist. Id gladly pay to see him again.

ravenheart 07-10-2013 05:24 AM

Good to know he doesn't like boiled crap all the time then.

Long setlists are awesome. How long was the actual show? He may have done 38 songs, but aren't they all about 3 minutes long?

toolfansat 07-10-2013 06:09 AM

I thought the show was great, honestly. Having never seen him before, I don't have any basis for comparison, but I have been to a lot of shows and it was right up there! And the fact that most songs of his come in at under 3 minutes wasn't lost on me, but 38 songs is 38 songs!

ravenheart 07-10-2013 06:15 AM

[QUOTE=toolfansat;533406]And the fact that most songs of his come in at under 3 minutes wasn't lost on me, but 38 songs is 38 songs![/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I love long sets. But similarly, 2 hours is still 2 hours, so whether that's 38 McCartney songs, or 7 Rush songs, the effort is the same, and something plenty of guys his age are still doing well.

toolfansat 07-10-2013 06:28 AM

Agreed. And I would be very happy at a 7 song Rush show (ok, not really!).
However - it was nonstop for the most part. No long interludes (I'm looking at you Tool!), no yakking for 20 minutes between songs (James Hetfield, anyone?), and 95% of the (admittedly short) songs "classics" and a part of music history, which means something to me.

Bottom line of course? It was a FUN show and I'd rather have that than an oh-so-serious concert any day - or night!

IrritatedTrout 07-10-2013 06:55 AM

Looks pretty awesome.

electrocute1031 07-10-2013 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;533402]Good to know he doesn't like boiled crap all the time then.

Long setlists are awesome. How long was the actual show? He may have done 38 songs, but aren't they all about 3 minutes long?[/QUOTE]

He got on stage a little bit after 8:00 and played till 10:45.