WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   KISS -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23493)

Solarian13 07-09-2013 10:11 PM

KISS -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2013

A few days late, but still worth posting. This was my first KISS concert and it was fucking awesome. Shinedown were the openers and I'm not familiar with them at all - they were alright as an opener but not really my thing. KISS were awesome though and really know how to put on a great show, even after 40 years of touring.

This was the second show of the North American tour, and featured the same stage show and setlist as the recent European tour:

Psycho Circus
Shout It Out Loud
Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
I Love It Loud
Hell or Hallelujah
War Machine
Heaven's on Fire
Deuce
Say Yeah
Shock Me / Outta This World
Guitar and Drum Solos
Bass Solo
(Gene spits blood and flies)
God of Thunder
Lick It Up
Love Gun
(Paul flies over crowd to the B-stage)
Rock and Roll All Nite
---------------------
Detroit Rock City
I Was Made for Lovin' You
Black Diamond

PVH5150 07-09-2013 10:27 PM

Glad they're keeping in Psycho Circus. First time they're playing it in NA in almost a decade.

Christen 07-09-2013 10:53 PM

I have tickets to the show in Saskatoon on Sunday, it all depends on if my boss will let me have the evening off from work. With a set list that awesome I sure hope so.

NickLed19 07-10-2013 01:47 AM

Shinedown son.

IrritatedTrout 07-10-2013 07:52 AM

Pretty good set, of course there are some changes I'd make but I'm excited to see Heaven's On Fire finally.

BTBAM310 07-10-2013 09:04 AM

Not really a fan anymore because of the whole Eric and Tommy in Peter and Ace's makeup thing, but that is a pretty decent setlist.

The only change I would make is take out Let Me Go Rock n Roll and put in Unholy.

The Ghost at Number One 07-10-2013 11:41 PM

Am I really the only one that thinks this set is absolute shit? I mean, I do love that they put Psycho Circus back in, and I actually love Say Yeah, but Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll? Heavens on Fire AND Lick it Up? For the most part, it's the same old same old, again and again.

The Shock Me / Outta This World / solo travesty has [B]got[/B] to go. Gene and Paul both need to stop flying. Paul's voice is shot. I mean, he can't even speak clearly anymore, let alone sing.

I've been a fan since 1978. I've defended them through every era. There have been many highs and lows, but I feel like they're now at their lowest. As much as it pains me to say it, or even feel this way, I believe it's time for them to say goodbye.

IrritatedTrout 07-11-2013 05:46 AM

Can't argue that Paul sounds rough nowadays. Real rough.

TheWildAndTheYoung 07-11-2013 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;533513][B]Am I really the only one that thinks this set is absolute shit? [/B] I mean, I do love that they put Psycho Circus back in, and I actually love Say Yeah, but Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll? Heavens on Fire AND Lick it Up? For the most part, it's the same old same old, again and again.

The Shock Me / Outta This World / solo travesty has [B]got[/B] to go. Gene and Paul both need to stop flying. Paul's voice is shot. I mean, he can't even speak clearly anymore, let alone sing.

I've been a fan since 1978. I've defended them through every era. There have been many highs and lows, but I feel like they're now at their lowest. As much as it pains me to say it, or even feel this way, I believe it's time for them to say goodbye.[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes you are.

As I said before if they could fit "Crazy Crazy Nights" and "Strutter" in there somewhere, it would the perfect Kiss set.Even though Paul's voice sounds rough, it's definitely not enough to make the show not worth seeing.As long as the guys are enjoying it and the 5,000-10,000 fans are showing up every night, I don't think they are going to stop anytime soon.