WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rush -- Hamilton, Ontario -- July 6th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23478)

Sanitarium78 07-07-2013 05:05 PM

Rush -- Hamilton, Ontario -- July 6th, 2013

Set 1:

Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force Ten
Grand Designs
Limelight
Territories
The Analog Kid
The Pass
Where's My Thing? (with drum solo)
Far Cry

Set 2: (with Clockwork Angels String Ensemble)

Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight (with drum solo)
Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Dreamline
Drum solo
Red Sector A
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer
2112: Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale

You would think with this being my 10th time seeing Rush that I wouldn't leave the show in awe and speechless about their performance but it happens every time. I had a bit of good luck the day before the show since some floor seats in the 15th row on Geddy's side opened up on ticketmaster so I got two for me and my brother. I bought my original tickets well after they went on sale was gonna be sitting up in the top level. I would've been fine with that but I had the extra cash on Friday and i'm glad I got the floor seats. The crowd was great in my area and i'm glad I got to sit where the real fans who were into everything and making noise all night. Overall, the whole crowd was great a very receptive towards everything but down where we were sitting the people couldn't have been more enthusiastic.

I liked this show a lot better than when I saw them in Buffalo last year. A lot of that had to do with sitting so much closer this time that I was able to see a lot of things happening on stage that I didn't before. The whole atmosphere was just better here than the show I saw last year. It's not a knock on that show either since it was a great one. The band just seemed so on fire last night and the crowd matched their energy. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the band being back in Canada to.

The drum solos seemed a little bit longer to me. I don't know why but they all seemed to have had an extra minute or so added to each. I got a bit of a different set this time around with The Pass, Wish Them Well and Dreamline. I missed out on The Body Electric both times though which I really wanted to hear. The new stuff came off so good and I think songs like Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, The Wreckers and the show stopping Headlong Flight will have no problem staying in the set come future tours.

Special thanks to the people in Hamilton for being so into this show. The last time I saw Rush in Canada was at the Molson amphitheater in Toronto in 1997 and those lame asses sat for the whole concert. It's good to see that not every Canadian crowd treats the Gods with such disrespect;)

IrritatedTrout 07-08-2013 07:28 PM

I wish I could have seen them this leg too.

Sanitarium78 07-09-2013 05:55 AM

I don't think it will be until 2015 at the earliest before they tour again after this leg is done next month. I'm not sure about them having a new album out when they tour again either. It's just with everyone in band 60 years old now, I don't think they're gonna wait another five years to come out with a new album to support before they tour again.

marker 07-11-2013 12:04 PM

Many of you probably already know this, but according to reports they only did 19 songs last night in Quebec City. Possible thunderstorms stopped the show, and then the rain never came. Talk about bad luck for those fans.

Sanitarium78 07-11-2013 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=marker;533574]Many of you probably already know this, but according to reports they only did 19 songs last night in Quebec City. Possible thunderstorms stopped the show, and then the rain never came. Talk about bad luck for those fans.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard about that. They had to stop the show in the second half after they did all the new stuff. The show they played earlier this week in Ottawa was a festival and they had to cut a number of songs from the set because Rush was only allowed two hours to play. At least the fans got to see them play but it no doubt was probably still disappointing they couldn't get the full show.

sc666 07-11-2013 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;533068]Set 1:

Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force Ten
Grand Designs
Limelight
Territories
The Analog Kid
The Pass
Where's My Thing? (with drum solo)
Far Cry

Set 2: (with Clockwork Angels String Ensemble)

Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight (with drum solo)
Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Dreamline
Drum solo
Red Sector A
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer
2112: Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale

You would think with this being my 10th time seeing Rush that I wouldn't leave the show in awe and speechless about their performance but it happens every time. I had a bit of good luck the day before the show since some floor seats in the 15th row on Geddy's side opened up on ticketmaster so I got two for me and my brother. I bought my original tickets well after they went on sale was gonna be sitting up in the top level. I would've been fine with that but I had the extra cash on Friday and i'm glad I got the floor seats. The crowd was great in my area and i'm glad I got to sit where the real fans who were into everything and making noise all night. Overall, the whole crowd was great a very receptive towards everything but down where we were sitting the people couldn't have been more enthusiastic.

I liked this show a lot better than when I saw them in Buffalo last year. A lot of that had to do with sitting so much closer this time that I was able to see a lot of things happening on stage that I didn't before. The whole atmosphere was just better here than the show I saw last year. It's not a knock on that show either since it was a great one. The band just seemed so on fire last night and the crowd matched their energy. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the band being back in Canada to.

The drum solos seemed a little bit longer to me. I don't know why but they all seemed to have had an extra minute or so added to each. I got a bit of a different set this time around with The Pass, Wish Them Well and Dreamline. I missed out on The Body Electric both times though which I really wanted to hear. The new stuff came off so good and I think songs like Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, The Wreckers and the show stopping Headlong Flight will have no problem staying in the set come future tours.

Special thanks to the people in Hamilton for being so into this show. The last time I saw Rush in Canada was at the Molson amphitheater in Toronto in 1997 and those lame asses sat for the whole concert. It's good to see that not every Canadian crowd treats the Gods with such disrespect;)[/QUOTE]

I was at the show on June 30th 1997, I definitely was not sitting for the whole concert!!

That was a great tour Test For Echo. I think that was the first tour that Rush played without an opening band.

sc666 07-11-2013 02:52 PM

we are still waiting to see what is going to happen for the show on July 24th in Calgary. Looks like the Saddledome is a no go as Selena Gomez cancelled her show at the Saddledome in August.

Sanitarium78 07-11-2013 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=sc666;533592]I was at the show on June 30th 1997, I definitely was not sitting for the whole concert!!

That was a great tour Test For Echo. I think that was the first tour that Rush played without an opening band.[/QUOTE]

They played two shows in Toronto on that tour. I went to the second one on July 2nd. Maybe since it was the second show there was a bit of a different crowd there. Still, very disrespectful for them to sit for the whole show.

Yes, the T4E tour was the first tour Rush did without an opener.

Wrecking Crew 07-12-2013 08:21 AM

I saw the T4E tour three times (Vegas, the Gorge and Vancouver) and Vancouver was by far the weakest crowd. So Canadian crowds aren't always the best for Rush.

PVH5150 07-12-2013 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=sc666;533593]we are still waiting to see what is going to happen for the show on July 24th in Calgary. Looks like the Saddledome is a no go as Selena Gomez cancelled her show at the Saddledome in August.[/QUOTE]

Posted this last night in the Rush Summer Dates thread. The Saddledome show has been moved to the nearest possible location, which is the Enmax Centrium in Red Deer.