WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   DIO DISCIPLES to record / Unreleased DIO songs to be released (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23435)

ravenheart 06-27-2013 04:09 AM

DIO DISCIPLES to record / Unreleased DIO songs to be released

I'm not sure any of this is good news...

From a recent interview with Craig Goldy, here are the most important parts:
[LIST][*]Unreleased Magica II & III songs to be completed and released[*]Songs with missing vocal parts to have vocals added by "one of Ronnie’s close friends, or somebody who’s really tight and close in the Dio family"[*]Dio Disciples currently writing and recording original material to be released probably as bonus tracks on a live album[/LIST]
He doesn't say whether Ronnie finished any vocals for the songs at all - which is a pretty important piece of information, so to not say anything probably suggests he didn't sing anything at all. No details on the storyline of Magica II & III, who's going to sing on them, what the songs titles are, how many songs there are, or anything like that. Just that Wendy has said she wants all of that to happen, so it will at some point.

[url]http://www.bravewords.com/news/206285[/url]

:hecho:

DethMaiden 06-27-2013 05:15 AM

I hear these dudes were all in the cemetery with their pants around their ankles but the cops came and told them they couldn't [I]literally[/I] shit on Dio's grave, so they figured, eh, this is close enough.

ravenheart 06-27-2013 06:19 AM

If there are unreleased songs/unfinished demos [i]with[/i] Ronnie's vocals on, I'd like to hear those. But definitely don't agree with them finishing the songs by adding someone else's voice.

As for Dio Disciples recording original material, yeah, fine. Probably shouldn't call it Dio Disciples though.

Sanitarium78 06-27-2013 06:22 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;532071]I hear these dudes were all in the cemetery with their pants around their ankles but the cops came and told them they couldn't [I]literally[/I] shit on Dio's grave, so they figured, eh, this is close enough.[/QUOTE]

Post of the year right here.

I've always thought Dio Disciples was a pretty sad money grab for these guys. At least with this they're now proving what a scam they are.

ravenheart 06-27-2013 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;532079]I've always thought Dio Disciples was a pretty sad money grab for these guys. At least with this they're now proving what a scam they are.[/QUOTE]

The sad money grab in terms of touring is Last In Line. I've no real problem with a tribute band featuring ex-members, that's fine and it's not like anyone ever complains about tribute bands existing, so it shouldn't matter who's in them. They're damn good at it too. But there's no need for two just because some of the other old members have no careers now.

Using Ronnie's name to record new material is shameful though.

Travis The Dragon 06-27-2013 10:53 AM

I'd like to hear the unreleased stuff with Dio singing, but recording the other stuff with a new singer puts a bad taste in my mouth as well.

JRA 06-27-2013 10:58 AM

Its official, Wendy is worse than Sharon.

DethMaiden 06-27-2013 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=fonzbear2000;532105]I'd like to hear the unreleased stuff with Dio singing, but recording the other stuff with a new singer puts a bad taste in my mouth as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured you would hate any band who records new material with a new singer who wasn't there in their '80s heyday.

marker 06-27-2013 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;532106]Its official, Wendy is worse than Sharon.[/QUOTE]

Good point as Wendy has the final say as to what's released. Sharon is still worse by a long shot in my opinion though.

anomynous 06-27-2013 12:42 PM

What about those tribute albums which actually had the potential to be good?