WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Van Halen -- Nagoya, Japan -- June 18th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23381)

dabstudio 06-18-2013 04:34 PM

Van Halen -- Nagoya, Japan -- June 18th, 2013

From the Van Halen News Desk....

Japan Tour 2013 (opening Night)

Aichi Perfectural Gymnasium
Nagoya, Japan

Unchained
Runnin' With The Devil
She's The Woman
Romeo Delight
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some!!
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
China Town
Jamie's Cryin'
Hear About It Later:party:
Oh, Pretty Woman
* Alex drum solo *
You Really Got Me
The Trouble With Never
Dance The Night Away
I'll Wait
And The Cradle Will Rock
Hot For Teacher
Women In Love
Atomic Punk:party:
Mean Street
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
* Eddie Guitar solo *
Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love
ENCORE -
Jump

Onioner 06-18-2013 04:43 PM

This setlist is ridiculous, is this the longest show Van Halen have ever played?

MPF 06-18-2013 04:48 PM

Take out Tattoo, and that is essentially my dream setlist.

IrritatedTrout 06-18-2013 04:56 PM

I still need to see these guys.

marker 06-18-2013 06:09 PM

Wow. Good to see Atomic Punk and Mean Street back in there.

PVH5150 06-18-2013 06:40 PM

With the re-entries of Atomic Punk & Mean Street, this set is now the same length as the 2007 tour. Good stuff!

But please, for the love of fuck, get rid of Pretty Woman & I'll Wait and permanently stick in I'm The One and Hang 'Em High.

I'm The One hasn't seen the light of day since 2008 and Hang 'Em High only got played twice on the last tour (Boston & DC).

Just hearing and seeing Eddie still able to flawlessly perform Hang 'Em High was worth admission alone.

TonyD 06-18-2013 06:41 PM

Damn... I could go see them at the mid state fair

JRA 06-18-2013 06:56 PM

That's pretty good, but they really should add more new stuff. At the very least they probably want to play something other than Tattoo, She's The Woman etc. etc.

I'd personally love to hear As Is, Beats Workin, Big River, HoneyBabySweetieDoll (I will so start a mosh pit if I hear that) and even You and Your Blues.

Fuck, pull a Maiden and play the whole damn thing! Unlike AMOLAD, that album is actually good front to back.

PVH5150 06-18-2013 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;531226]As Is & HoneyBabySweetieDoll
[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting those since the day I got the album. Easily two of the heaviest songs VH has ever written and I think they'd go over well live, especially As Is. That riff is fucking immense.

TheWildAndTheYoung 06-18-2013 07:10 PM

Yea cool set, besides "Jamie's Cryin'", "And The Cradle Will Rock", "Atomic Punk", and "Mean Street" it was the same show I saw last year, but ain't no problem with that considering the set is killer! If they could replace "I'll Wait" with "Hang 'Em High" and "Tattoo" with a different new track such as "As Is" or "Blood And Fire", go ahead and set that setlist in stone and just play that for every show they ever will do (ok maybe not, but if they decided to do that I wouldn't have a problem whatsoever).