WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Killswitch Engage -- Grand Rapids, MI -- June 16th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23365)

kevindeets 06-17-2013 03:13 PM

Killswitch Engage -- Grand Rapids, MI -- June 16th, 2013

[B]Affiance [/B]opened the show. I'd never heard of them, and they only got a 20-min set, but they were the best of the opening bands IMO.

Next was [B]The Word Alive[/B]. This was my 4th time seeing them. They're decent. They covered "94 Hours" for all the people hoping to hear an As I Lay Dying song at the show. I thought that was cool. They did a really good job w/ that cover as well.

[B][U]The Word Alive setlist[/U][/B]
Dragon Spell
Evolution
94 Hours (As I Lay Dying cover)
Entirety
Life Cycles

Next was [B]Darkest Hour[/B]. I've seen them 5x now, and as always they were heavy as hell. Good stuff!

[B]Miss May I[/B] came up next. They were OK, but I was anxiously awaiting the headliners.

This was my 1st time seeing [B]Killswitch Engage[/B] since their tour last year w/ Acaro & Shadows Fall. I was really looking forward to hearing the new tunes off of DISARM THE DESCENT. They played my favorite song off of that CD, "All We Have." I LOVE that song. Other highlights for me were "Take This Oath" and "Arms of Sorrow." As always w/ Killswitch Engage, the crowd was singing along all night. This was definitely the longest set I've ever seen them play. I was street teaming at this show, so I went outside after "In Due Time," but I heard the rest of it. Excellent show from Killswitch!

[B][U]Killswitch Engage setlist[/U][/B]
The New Awakening
A Bid Farewell
Fixation On The Darkness
The Hell In Me
Life To Lifeless
No End In Sight
Take This Oath
Arms of Sorrow
Beyond The Flames
This Is Absolution
All We Have
Rose of Sharyn
Numbered Days
Self Revolution
In Due Time
My Curse
The End of Heartache
My Last Serenade

XDoomsayerX 06-17-2013 06:35 PM

Wow DH>>>all openers on this bill. Also the higlights for you were pre-Jesse stuff? Go listen to Alive or Just Breathing and their first and true KSE self-tilted stuff. That album is flawless and waaay better than anything Howard did with KSE.

Still though, what a nice long ass set.

Dextrimental 06-17-2013 06:44 PM

Getting rid of Holy Diver is the best decision Killswitch has made in terms of their setlists! Good to see a band really embracing their entire catalog and making a long, quality set out of it.

VoidFlame 06-18-2013 05:55 AM

[QUOTE=Dextrimental;531047]Getting rid of Holy Diver is the best decision Killswitch has made in terms of their setlists! Good to see a band really embracing their entire catalog and making a long, quality set out of it.[/QUOTE]

This. :horns:

Epidemic Reign 07-14-2013 04:28 AM

I'm not only insulted they didn't play "Just Barely Breathing", I'm fucking insulted that they didn't end their set with it.