WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Xbox One (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23189)

mankvill 05-21-2013 11:07 AM

Xbox One

Just got announced and revealed live at a press conference. They gave the basic specs and stuff for it, showed a few games, but basically said "WAIT TIL E3"

Anyone else see it?

My favorite parts:

New, exclusive IP from Remedy (Max Payne, Alan Wake)
STREAMING LIVE FOOTBALL GAMES WITH INTEGRATED LIVE FANTASY UPDATES ON THE SCREEN HOLY FUCKING TITS DAY ONE PURCHASE

dcmetal108 05-21-2013 12:05 PM

Skype is decent as is live tv but they lacked showing off the gaming aspect and mainly made it the non gaming parts seem important.

From what I hear though no backwards capability but gamerscore will carry over.

John The Drummer 05-21-2013 01:26 PM

So far the Xbox One gets a big ol' MEH from me. I haven't watched/listened to the whole annoucnement, just the little things that the radio covered, but it doesn't seem interesting to me whatsoever.

I don't care about the TV thing, I still have cable TV, and I don't really care to much for the other stuff that I have heard. I want a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM, not another computer. I hope Microsoft put a lot into making the video games better. Controls, sound, graphics, etc; and didn't just focus on the extra bells and whistles. Guess we will find out at E3....

But as of right now I am perfectly happy with my 360 and don't plan on switching that out for anything anytime soon.

SIDE NOTE: Was it annouced that you cannot buy used games anymore for it, and you need a product key to make them work? I heard it mentioned in a talk show, but wasn't sure if it was just a rumor or actual info.

mankvill 05-21-2013 01:32 PM

To people who say stuff like, "I want a videogame console that just plays videogames." So, like, you want a phone that just makes phone calls?

The TV thing was kind of lame, but it was pretty sweet that you can just say "Xbox, go to CBS" and it'll change to that channel. And you can even flip between games, movies and TV just with your voice.

About the used games/backwards compatibility: No backwards compatibility. If they're smart, they'll make certain games available for download/streaming kind of like PS3 is doing. And it looks like when you get a new game, you register the game to your gamertag and if someone gets a "used" game, they have to pay a fee to register it to their name as well.

BloodoftheKings 05-21-2013 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;527214]
And it looks like when you get a new game, you register the game to your gamertag and if someone gets a "used" game, they have to pay a fee to register it to their name as well.[/QUOTE]

That might not be too bad if the fee is only about 5 bucks or something.

I'm still most likely not getting a next-gen console either way.

mankvill 05-21-2013 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;527219]That might not be too bad if the fee is only about 5 bucks or something.

I'm still most likely not getting a next-gen console either way.[/QUOTE]

Truth. I'm not sold on any of the next-gen systems yet, but nothing is a dealbreaker either.

dcmetal108 05-21-2013 02:37 PM

I'll get a xbox one, not interest in PS4, and already own a Wii U

IrritatedTrout 05-21-2013 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;527214]To people who say stuff like, "I want a videogame console that just plays videogames." So, like, you want a phone that just makes phone calls?

The TV thing was kind of lame, but it was pretty sweet that you can just say "Xbox, go to CBS" and it'll change to that channel. And you can even flip between games, movies and TV just with your voice.

About the used games/backwards compatibility: No backwards compatibility. If they're smart, they'll make certain games available for download/streaming kind of like PS3 is doing. And it looks like when you get a new game, you register the game to your gamertag and if someone gets a "used" game, they have to pay a fee to register it to their name as well.[/QUOTE]

So it's not compatible with 360 games at all?

Not that I planned on getting any of the next gen consoles at launch but that really sucks.

dcmetal108 05-21-2013 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;527231][B]So it's not compatible with 360 games at all?[/B]

Not that I planned on getting any of the next gen consoles at launch but that really sucks.[/QUOTE]

PS4 isn't either. Not even compatible with digital PS3 titles.

mastodon421 05-21-2013 03:03 PM

I'm going to get Xbox One eventually, but I'm not getting too stoked on it just yet since I'm not going to get it for a while. Honestly I got more excited at the Madden 25 announcement today that confirmed you could control all 32 teams again in Franchise Mode.