WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lamb of God -- Columbia, MO -- May 20th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23187)

anomynous 05-21-2013 08:03 AM

Lamb of God -- Columbia, MO -- May 20th, 2013

As most of you know, this is a Lamb of God b-city tour. It was at the Blue Note in Columbia, which is actually a pretty nice venue. Anyway, I'll get to the point. For those who don't know, Anciients replaced Terror on the tour last minute.

Their set was five songs, and I'm pretty sure this was played:
[LIST][*]Raise the Sun[*]Overthrone[*]Giants[*]Flood & Fire[*]Faith & Oath[/LIST]
I'm not 100% sure on the set or order, but I think that's mostly correct. Anyway, they were what you expect: a stoner metal band with a need to work on stage presence. For their second tour ever, they were pretty good, but just lacking "something" that a lot of touring bands have. Not bad by any means, and they'll clearly improve. A band to definitely watch out for.

Up next was Decapitated. The polish death metal band that a lot of people on here love and are dying to see, and they KILLED it. First time seeing them, and I'll easily go see them again if they're close. Again I'm not 100% sure on the set, but I think it was:
[LIST][*]Silence[*]Pest[*]Mother War[*]404[*]A View From a Hole[*]Homo Sum[*]Day 69[*]Carnival is Forever[*]Spheres of Madness[/LIST]
They definitely played the last four, 404, and Mother War. The others are just guesses from what I remember, there may have been another song instead of Pest. I'm also 95% sure they played A View from a Hole. Anyway, even though the set was obviously mostly off Carnival, it doesn't matter, because the band killed it.

Next was Lamb of God.[LIST][*]Desolation[*]Ghost Walking[*]Walk with Me in Hell[*]Ruin[*]Set to Fail[*]Now You've Got Something to Die For[*]11th Hour[*]The Undertow[*]Omerta[*]Contractor
[*]The Passing[*]In Your Words[*]Laid to Rest[*]Redneck[*]Black Label[/LIST]

A fairly predictable LoG set, but still fun. Not much to say about them, if you've seen LoG, you know what to expect. Randy was on fire last night.

Anciients & Decapitated had shirts for $20. Anciients had 5 (I think) different shirts, and Decapitated had three, with one having dates on the back. LoG had six shirts, all with dates, a work/polo shirt, and one or two hoodies. LoG shirts were $30, and the work was $45, and I don't know what the hoodie was.

Hope this helps.

Ommie 05-21-2013 08:25 AM

That Decapitated set needs more Post(?)Organic.

VoidFlame 05-21-2013 08:30 AM

I hope they keep 11th Hour when they play at Rockfest.

IrritatedTrout 05-21-2013 09:25 AM

Nice. Glad Decapitated is playing Spheres of Madness. Yeah, that's pretty much what LoG were playing last year but it's a cool set.

VoidFlame 05-21-2013 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;527184]Nice. Glad Decapitated is playing Spheres of Madness. [/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they never omitted it since [I]Nihility[/I] was released.

Osiris9019 05-21-2013 02:04 PM

The same old boring, stale LoG set.

Not really bummed I missed them last November.

300%_Density 05-21-2013 03:46 PM

Think it'll take a new album (not a fan of new album at all) & a better set to wanna see LOG in the future. Short set like this won't cut it for me.