WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ghost -- Washington, DC -- May 13th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23172)

tenchimyo 05-17-2013 08:15 PM

Ghost -- Washington, DC -- May 13th, 2013

[URL="http://heavymetalcowboysteve.blogspot.com/2013/05/ghost-930-club-5132013.html"]Full Review[/URL]

So I know someone posted the Phllidelphia set- which is the same as the DC one.

I thought they sounded good if not great, but it was just loud, not very heavy. So there was a different vibe to this show.

[B]Ghost (9-10:20)[/B][LIST][*]Infestissumam[*] Per Aspera ad Inferi[*] Con Clavi Con Dio[*] Prime Mover[*] Elizabeth[*] Secular Haze[*] Body and Blood[*] Stand by Him[*] Death Knell[*] Satan Prayer[*] Genesis[*] Year Zero[*] Ritual
[*] Ghuleh / Zombie Queen[*] Monstrance Clock[/LIST]

IrritatedTrout 05-18-2013 04:37 AM

I wanted to go to this.

moobys37 05-19-2013 07:20 AM

"Ides of Gemini had vinyl, maybe a shirt, and friggin cassette tapes ($7) of their new album. Ok so I almost flipped the merch booth when I saw that. I swear these hipsters..."

Because having tapes automatically makes you a hipster.

BlashyrkhMR101 05-19-2013 11:38 AM

I was there, and I bought an Ides tape. And I'm not a hipster..

MetalIsArt 05-19-2013 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=moobys37;526948]"Ides of Gemini had vinyl, maybe a shirt, and friggin cassette tapes ($7) of their new album. Ok so I almost flipped the merch booth when I saw that. I swear these hipsters..."

Because having tapes automatically makes you a hipster.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah, how stupid is that?

Sanitarium78 05-19-2013 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=moobys37;526948]"Ides of Gemini had vinyl, maybe a shirt, and friggin cassette tapes ($7) of their new album. Ok so I almost flipped the merch booth when I saw that. I swear these hipsters..."

I grew up listening to cassette's, so I think it's awesome that a band would still make their music available in that format. Don't understand what's "hipster" about that? But then again, I've never been too sure what a hipster is supposed to be since I don't recall ever seeing one in my life.

Hipster's are like UFO's to me. I've read and heard stories about them but have never actually encountered one in real life :lol:

tenchimyo 05-20-2013 11:53 AM

For a new album, who sells new copies of cassette tapes? Who has a lust for the retro and the 'ironic'? What is the point- who is buying a cassette instead of a Vinyl or CD (or digital) (Ok that one person who replied...)? Why are they buying/offering a cassette? I can't recall the last time I saw a band sell a NEW tape at a show. Since like 2001.

Hell, Maybe *I'm* missing the point.

I have cassettes (my bros, random yard sales, cheap finds), and a cassette deck on my stereo (so hard to find one 8 years ago or whenever I looked for one with CD AND Cassette). So I am not saying cassettes are bad- I have tapes that I rarely listen to. I pick up tapes of old rare albums or something I don't have on DC/digital yet...

It's the whole mentality of 'oh lets bring back these old quaint things' or whatever their whole deal is supposed to be about.

InFlamesOfBirchmen 05-20-2013 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=tenchimyo;527088]For a new album, who sells new copies of cassette tapes?[/QUOTE]

The Sword, for one.

PVH5150 05-20-2013 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=tenchimyo;527088]For a new album, who sells new copies of cassette tapes?[/QUOTE]

Cheap Trick.

tenchimyo 05-22-2013 05:46 AM

[QUOTE=InFlamesOfBirchmen;527107]The Sword, for one.[/QUOTE] The sword I can see, with their stoner/retro deal.

Now Cheap Trick I have no clue why