WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10 years with you knuckleheads (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23145)

SirLardsAlot 05-13-2013 11:43 AM

10 years with you knuckleheads

I have no idea why I remember the date, but I do. I joined the IMBB (Iron Maiden Bulletin Board) on May 13th, 2003, where I spent countless hours posting about Maiden and metal and all sorts of bullshit with a bunch of you here. When HTE left to create this site, I didn't join right away, but after a few months I signed up since quite a few of the other big names from there moved here.

Anywho, I know I don't really know many of the current posters on this board, but to those who I do know, and have known since the IMBB, just wanted to say it's been fun! I've made a lot of good friends on the boards over the years. Strange to think some of you have "known" me since I was 15; I've "known" Brad since he was 13! Hahaha

That's all, folks!

mankvill 05-13-2013 12:25 PM

:party:

slapguitarer 05-13-2013 12:30 PM

Damn. Some of you guys have been talking since before I started listening to metal.

DethMaiden 05-13-2013 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=SirLardsAlot;526190]Strange to think some of you have "known" me since I was 15; I've "known" Brad since he was 13! Hahaha
[/QUOTE]

This is true. Whoaaaaaaaaaa. :rocker:

hot_turkey_ed 05-13-2013 12:57 PM

It has been a very long time, past 2003 for a few even. Personally, I remember a couple of versions of the IMBB (before the IMFC even started) and a few of those folks are still about. Many who came from that community seeded this one in the early years. There is a lot of history in the older threads!

In case anyone was wondering, metalsetlists was originally registered on July 22nd, 2004. We were live shortly thereafter.

Dextrimental 05-13-2013 01:09 PM

Man that is ridiculous, I was barely even into metal at that point!

Thanks for helping make this little community what it is though! :D

idrinkwine732 05-13-2013 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=slapguitarer;526198]Damn. Some of you guys have been talking since before I started listening to metal.[/QUOTE]

I had just turned 10...

PowerMaiden 05-13-2013 03:58 PM

10 years uhhh ... what I like most about this site and why I keep coming here is the passion of everyone about heavy metal. Course we don't always agree on stuff but everyone is really into it. We've lost a few over ther years (ADD, HECHO,TP to name a few) gain a few too but as long as the passion will be here I'll keep coming...

and , everyone needs to realise that all those fucking bands are absolute shit compared to Iron Maiden ! :tongue:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

SirLardsAlot 05-13-2013 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=PowerMaiden;526226] We've lost a few over ther years (ADD, HECHO,TP to name a few) [/QUOTE]

I was going to write an 'In Memoriam' list in my post, but didn't :tongue: ADD, HECHO, Allen, Bouville, Overkiller, Div, and so on. :light:

IrritatedTrout 05-13-2013 04:32 PM

Awesome, you were posting before I was even into music.