WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cannibal Corpse -- San Antonio, TX -- May 12th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23141)

smearCampaign 05-13-2013 06:55 AM

Cannibal Corpse -- San Antonio, TX -- May 12th, 2013

Venue: Backstage Live

[U]Immolation[/U] [SIZE="1"](complete)[/SIZE]
Kingdom of Conspiracy
What They Bring
Majesty and Decay
A Spectacle of Lies
Dawn of Possession
Swarm of Terror
All That Awaits Us

[U]Napalm Death[/U] [SIZE="1"](missing maybe 2-4, partially out of order)[/SIZE]
Circumspect
Everyday Pox
From Enslavement to Obliteration
The Wolf I Feed
Suffer the Children
When All is Said and Done
Leper Colony
Taste the Poison
I Abstain
Scum
Life?
Deceiver
Control
You Suffer
Nazi Punks Fuck Off (DK)

[U]Cannibal Corpse[/U] [SIZE="1"](maybe missing 1)[/SIZE]
A Skull Full of Maggots
Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead
Edible Autopsy
Addicted to Vaginal Skin
Experiments in Homicide
Sentenced to Burn
Gutted
Demented Aggression
Scourge of Iron
Disfigured
Evisceration Plague
Dormant Bodies Bursting
Disposal of the Body
Dismembered and Molested
Dead Human Collection
I Cum Blood
Encased in Concrete
Make Them Suffer
Hammer Smashed Face
“Remember when I said that was our last song??!? I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIED!!!!!”
Stripped, Raped and Strangled

Doors were at 7 and I arrived around 7:30. There was no line when I showed up, so I walked right in. I met up with RampinUp46 and he introduced me to the guys he plays in a band with, so I hung out with them most of the night. Kill The Client started up around 8 and ripped into a solid set of grind. The floor got moving even though there weren’t a ton of people in the venue yet, but I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who’s seen these Dallas grinders a few times. RampinUp46 had a little run-in with security and got tossed out, but he made it back in right as Immolation was a about to begin. Kill The Client’s set ended up at about 30 minutes, so after another 20 of set up Immolation got started around 8:50.

Immolation kicked off with the title track off the new record and it sounded absolutely brutal. Dawn of Possession was the highlight of the set for sure, but the new songs sounded great too. Considering their short set and that they have a new album out, their song choices were good. I’ve never seen them headline and would love to sometime, they have such a great catalog and sound nearly flawless. RampinUp46 and his buddies went into the pit for Immolation and it wasn’t until after the set that I found out RampinUp46 got his nose broken during the second or third song. So he was outside with an ice pack on his face until Napalm.

I think Napalm Death was slated to start around 9:40, but after some technical difficulties it was about 9:55 by the time they started. This was only my third time seeing Napalm, but once their technical problems were sorted, this was the best sounding set I’ve seen from them. However I still think they would benefit live from an additional guitarist. Barney was a eloquent as ever between songs and apologized for the inevitable delays that you run into with grindcore. They older cuts really got the crowd moving. Suffer The Children and Scum were my personal favorites of the set. As with any Napalm set I feel like they could add a dozen songs and still have more things I’d want to hear, maybe that’s just me.

Cannibal Corpse got everything set up and started playing around 11pm. As you can see their set was truly a career spanning selection of songs for this year, their 25th anniversary. The venue was having some sound issues at the beginning of Cannibal’s set, but once the guitar mix got figured out a couple songs in, they sounded great from where I was standing. It’s amazing that Corpsegrinder is able to belt out sets like this night after night. If you’ve seen them before you know their stage show basically consists of Corpsegrinder’s signature vicious headbanging while the other guys just stand there and rip their instruments, which is more than enough. I think Disposal of the Body and Dead Human Collection were my highlights.

Opportunities to see three legends of extreme metal share the stage are becoming less frequent as these bands get up there in age, so get your ass out there.

300%_Density 05-13-2013 07:18 AM

So sexy

the deathmetaler 05-13-2013 07:29 AM

That Cannibal Corpse set is absolutely amazing. Also, I'm hoping Napalm Death are playing "The Wolf I Feed" and "On The Brink of Extinction".

InFlamesOfBirchmen 05-13-2013 07:45 AM

Seriously, that CC set is amazing! I was on the fence about going, but the older songs really make it enticing.

Although the song titles remind me that I'll never be able to take a girlfriend/wife to a Corpse show.

endless_pain 05-13-2013 08:12 AM

I'm really looking forward to this show!! Do you remember what kind of merch was there? How much were shirts?

smearCampaign 05-13-2013 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=endless_pain;526151]I'm really looking forward to this show!! Do you remember what kind of merch was there? How much were shirts?[/QUOTE]

Merch Rundown:
Cannibal
t-shirts: there were at least 4 designs with tour dates on the back (Torture cover, plain logo, a 25th year anniversary emblem and maybe an Eaten Back to Life one) and maybe 9 total t-shirts all $20
hoodies were $45

Napalm
t-shirts were $15 and they had a baseball shirt for $20 a trucker cap for $10, not sure about hoodie price, no shirts with tour dates

Immolation
they had a Kingdom of Conspiracy album cover shirt with tour dates on the back, a Dawn of Possession shirt with no dates and a couple others all $20 and then a sick looking black print on black shirt of the old logo for $15

endless_pain 05-13-2013 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=smearCampaign;526152]Merch Rundown:
Cannibal
t-shirts: there were at least 4 designs with tour dates on the back (Torture cover, plain logo, a 25th year anniversary emblem and maybe an Eaten Back to Life one) and maybe 9 total t-shirts all $20
hoodies were $45

Napalm
t-shirts were $15 and they had a baseball shirt for $20 a trucker cap for $10, not sure about hoodie price, no shirts with tour dates

Immolation
they had a Kingdom of Conspiracy album cover shirt with tour dates on the back, a Dawn of Possession shirt with no dates and a couple others all $20 and then a sick looking black print on black shirt of the old logo for $15[/QUOTE]

:rocker: Sweet. Thanks for the info.

hellawaits77ny 05-13-2013 08:49 AM

That CC set is amazing!

Addicted, Disposal, DHC, holy shit!

smearCampaign 05-13-2013 10:44 AM

Added my review.

[QUOTE=the deathmetaler;526143]That Cannibal Corpse set is absolutely amazing. Also, I'm hoping Napalm Death are playing "The Wolf I Feed" and "On The Brink of Extinction".[/QUOTE]

I realize that they did play The Wolf I Feed, but no On The Brink... they might have cut a couple songs due to some technical difficulties.

W0unds 05-13-2013 10:52 AM

I am very excited for this tour now. Fantastic setlist from Cannibal Corpse.