WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Can you recommend any albums from these bands? (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23132)

jaysadler2 05-12-2013 06:05 AM

Can you recommend any albums from these bands?

Hey, i'm going to bloodstock open air festival this year and really excited as first time (have always been going to download among others but cant make it this year). Got a good line up with quite a few bands who I havent seen before but know they're good.

Can any one recommend album(s) from these bands? Preferably with songs that they are likely to play live:

Accept
Firewind
Ex-Deo
Death Angel
Avantasia
Exodus
Devil Driver

markrz 05-12-2013 06:47 AM

Exodus - Another Lesson in Violence. It's a live album that covers all of the essential bases of Exodus classics.

BloodoftheKings 05-12-2013 07:03 AM

[B]Accept:[/B]
Reckless and Wild
Bslls to the Wall
Metal Heart
Blood of the Nations

[B]Death Angel:[/B]
The Ultra Violence
Act III

[B]Exodus:[/B]
Bonded by Blood
Fabulous Disaster
Or just Another Lesson in Violence like the guy above said.

I don't listen to the other bands but usually the highest rated album by the band on rateyourmusic.com or the most listened on last.fm is the best one to start with.

VoidFlame 05-12-2013 07:04 AM

[B]Devildriver[/B]

The Last Kind Words
The Fury of Our Maker's Hand

Their two best.

Spiner202 05-12-2013 07:32 AM

[B]Accept[/B]
Balls to the Wall
Stalingrad

[B]Firewind[/B]
Allegiance
The Premonition

[B]Ex-Deo[/B]
Caligvla

[B]Death Angel[/B]
The Ultra-Violence
Relentless Revolution

[B]Avantasia[/B]
All of them except The Metal Opera Pt. II. Start with The Mystery of Time, since they'll probably play the most from that.

[B]Exodus[/B]
Bonded By Blood
Tempo of the Damned

PVH5150 05-12-2013 07:37 AM

Accept's last 2 albums: Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad. Their setlists these days are 20-22 songs and at least half is from these 2 albums.

dcmetal108 05-12-2013 08:08 AM

Death Angel - The Ultra Violence

Exodus - Bonded By Blood

TheWildAndTheYoung 05-12-2013 04:32 PM

Avantasia - Most played album will probably be "The Mystery Of Time", but I think both the Metal Opera's are the best.

Firewind- "Allegiance" will probably be the most played, but I believe "Forged By Fire" is their best.

ravenheart 05-13-2013 01:08 AM

[QUOTE=jaysadler2;526025]Hey, i'm going to bloodstock open air festival this year and really excited as first time (have always been going to download among others but cant make it this year). Got a good line up with quite a few bands who I havent seen before but know they're good.

Can any one recommend album(s) from these bands? Preferably with songs that they are likely to play live:

Accept
Firewind
Ex-Deo
Death Angel
Avantasia
Exodus
Devil Driver[/QUOTE]

Accept will play a lot from the two newest albums, plus a few classics. Same with Firewind and Death Angel.

Really, you're best off going to setlist.fm, see what they've been playing recently, and get an album or two with most of those songs on.

For instance, getting Balls To The Wall by Accept, in your situation, is pointless. Yes it's one of their best albums, but they only ever play the title track from it. You'd be much better off getting Stalingrad.

I'd also say getting The Ultra Violence by Death Angel isn't particularly telling either. They will play a few from it, but they don't sound anything like this anymore. Get the Sonic German Beatdown live album and Relentless Retribution. That'll cover most of what they'll play old and new. Similarly for Exodus, they sound nothing like they used to on Bonded By Blood, so you're better off getting the Shovel Headed Tour Machine live album. Maybe something new too, but not essential.

Avantasia is easy, got to wowhd.co.uk and get the new one for cheap. Accept, Death Angel, and Exodus albums are cheap their too.

Axis_Of_Metal 05-14-2013 06:16 PM

For Death Angel Ultra Violence for sure I really enjoyed Art of Dying as well. For Devildriver Fury of Our Makers Hand is pretty solid