WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   M3 Fest Day 2 -- Columbia, MD -- May 4th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23093)

tenchimyo 05-07-2013 04:57 AM

M3 Fest Day 2 -- Columbia, MD -- May 4th, 2013

Went to day 2 of M3 fest, so many hair bands.
[URL="http://heavymetalcowboysteve.blogspot.com/2013/05/m3-fest-day-2-merriweather-post.html"]Full review of Day 2
[/URL]- More details, so much to post and not enough room here X_X:

Briefly:

[B]Steelheart[/B]: Great \m/
[B]Trixter[/B]: Good but unenthusiastic
[B]Tuff[/B]: D-level, but still worth seeing
[B]JSRG[/B]: hit after Vixen Hit
[B]Great White[/B]: Good, but more low key vibe
[B]Loudness[/B]: GREAT, maybe too loud
[B]King's X[/B]: food break
[B]Steel Panther[/B]: irreverent and fun
[B]Firehouse[/B]: SO MANY GREAT SONGS
[B]Twisted Sister[/B]: Solid set full of all rock, little talk. All the songs I wanted to hear
[B]Jackyl[/B]: good, but better in a club
[B]Bret Michaels[/B]: meh

[B]Best sets: [/B]JSRG, Twisted Sister
[B]My favourite set:[/B] Firehouse
[B]My Favourite song:[/B] 'Overnight Sensation'
[B]Worst set:[/B] King's X (or Tuff)

[B]Setlists:[/B]

[B]Steelheart (12:39- 1:11)[/B]
[LIST][*]Blood Pollution (Steel Dragon cover)[*] Gimme Gimme[*] Like Never Before[*] Cabernet[*] We All Die Young[*] I'll Never Let You Go[/LIST][B]Trixter (1:33- 1:55)[/B]
[LIST][*](Unknown)[*] Road of a Thousand Dreams[*] Heart of Steel[*] (Unknown)[*] Line of Fire[*] One in a Million[*] Give it to Me Good[/LIST]
[B]Tuff (2:05- 2:26)
[/B]
(missed first song, Trixter was still on)[LIST][*]God Bless This Mess[*] Good Guys Wear Black[*] I Hate Kissing You Goodbye[*] Ruck a Pit Bridge[*] American Hair Band[/LIST]
[B]JanetShareRoxyGina (JSRG) (2:50- 3:20)[/B]
[LIST][*]Rev It Up (Vixen cover)[*] How Much Love (Vixen cover)[*] Never Say Never (Vixen cover)[*] Cryin' (Vixen cover)[*] Streets in Paradise (Vixen cover)[*] Rolling In The Deep (Adele cover)[*] I want you to rock me (Vixen cover)[*] Edge of a broken heart (Vixen cover)[*] Wrecking Ball (Vixen cover)[/LIST][B]"Jack Russell's " Great White (3:30- 4:07)[/B]
[LIST][*]Call It Rock 'n' Roll (Great White cover)[*] Desert Moon (Great White cover)[*] Save Your Love (Great White cover)[*] Mista Bone (Great White cover)[*] Rock Me (Great White cover)[*] Once Bitten Twice Shy (Ian Hunter cover)[/LIST][B]Loudness (4:20-5:02)[/B]
[LIST][*](Unknown)[*] (Unknown)[*] Crazy Nights[*] (Unknown)[*] Heavy Chains[*] Drum Solo[*] (Unknown) (Think this was King of Pain)[*] (Unknown) (from 2 albums before, is what the singer said)[*] SDI[/LIST]
[B]King's X (Did not watch, didn't care. They came on around 5)[/B]

[B]Steel Panther (6- 6:45?)[/B]
[LIST][*]Eyes of a Panther[*] Tomorrow Night[*] Fat Girl (Thar She Blows)[*] Asian Hooker[*] Just Like Tiger Woods[*] Community Property[*] Party All Day (Fuck All Night)[*] 17 Girls in a Row[*] Death to All but Metal[/LIST]
(Firehouse started playing and we went to see them)

[B]Firehouse (6:40- 7:16)[/B]
[LIST][*]Hold Your Fire[*] All She Wrote[*] When I Look Into Your Eyes[*] Overnight Sensation[*] Love Of A Lifetime[*] Don't Treat Me Bad[/LIST]
[B]Twisted Sister (7:20 ish- 7:49)[/B]
[LIST][*]You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll[*] Shoot 'Em Down[*] I Believe in Rock 'n' Roll[*] Stay Hungry[*] The Kids are Back[*] We're Not Gonna Take It[*] The Price[*] Burn in Hell[*] I Wanna Rock[/LIST]
[B]Jackyl (8:40- ?)[/B]
[LIST][*]My Moonshine Kicks Your Cocaine's Ass[*] Down On Me[*] I Stand Alone[*] When Will It Rain[*] Dirty Little Mind[*] Redneck Punk[*] The Lumberjack[/LIST]
[B]Bret Michaels (9:40?- (we left about 10:45))[/B]
[LIST][*]Talk Dirty To Me (Poison song)[*] Look What The Cat Dragged In (Poison song)[*] Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)[*] Your Mamma Don't Dance (Loggins & Messina/ Poison song)[*] Get Your Ride On[*] Something To Believe In (Poison song)[*] Unskinny Bop (Poison song)[*] Every Rose Has Its Thorn (Poison song)[/LIST]
note: some sets (overlaps in particular) have some kind folks on setlist.fm filling in the blanks.

Coma323 05-07-2013 05:19 AM

Skipping the best band there...

hellawaits77ny 05-07-2013 05:23 AM

[QUOTE=Coma323;525169]Skipping the best band there...[/QUOTE]

I opine with you.

Cool review, but I'm suprised to see the King's X hate!

dcmetal108 05-07-2013 07:11 AM

That's still like the same set Bret's been playing for years.

Dogman 05-07-2013 10:09 AM

"King's X came on a little after Loudness finished, and we had absolutely zero interest in seeing/hearing them. So we roved a bit and got some food. I can't say much about them except that it was forgettable and non offensive."

So, the only band worth seeing at this shitfest was the "Worst Set Of The Day" even though you didn't watch them? And Firehouse, a completely irrelevant band and one hit wonder of 80's hair bands was the "Best Of The Day"? Also, I've never heard a single person refer to King's X as "forgettable". That's a new one. But, well, to each his own, I suppose.

TheWildAndTheYoung 05-07-2013 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=Dogman;525180]"King's X came on a little after Loudness finished, and we had absolutely zero interest in seeing/hearing them. So we roved a bit and got some food. I can't say much about them except that it was forgettable and non offensive."

So, the only band worth seeing at this shitfest was the "Worst Set Of The Day" even though you didn't watch them? And Firehouse, a completely irrelevant band and one hit wonder of 80's hair bands was the "Best Of The Day"? Also, I've never heard a single person refer to King's X as "forgettable". That's a new one. But, well, to each his own, I suppose.[/QUOTE]
Saying FireHouse was a one-hit wonder of the 80's is one the most factually inaccurate statements I have ever heard.First off, FireHouse 80's? FireHouse got big in the 90's.One-hit wonder? NOT! "Don't Treat Me Bad", "Love Of A Lifetime", "When I Look Into Your Eyes", and "I Live My Life For You" all were top 30 hits ("I Live My Life For You" was actually a hit in 1995, long after hair metal was considered "Dead").

Anyway, some good sets here definitely.That opening Trixter song might be something along the lines of "Bad Girl" or "On The Road Again".It looks like my favorite Vixen song is still being played, which is "Streets In Paradise".Great White should have switched "Mista Bone" with "Lady Red Light", and I personally think "The Angel Song" is much superior to "Save Your Love".Loudness of course still doesn't have my favorite in their set "Soldier Of Fortune".Steel Panther is good but needs "If You Really, Really Love Me".Twisted Sister finally put "You Can't Stop Rock N' Roll" as the opener after many people suggesting it for a long time now, which is of course awesome, but "Under The Blade" is definitely a must for their set IMO.I wonder why Bret chooses to play by himself instead of Poison, because I'd much rather see Poison.

Maiden33 05-07-2013 12:08 PM

King's X have to eat shit from people all the time simply because they're a unique band. They don't fit into ANY sort of box, and they never have, which is why they've always had the misfortune of being shit on by people. There isn't really an "ideal" demographic for a band that combines rock, metal, funk, soul, alternative, and a Beatles influence. I knew when I saw that they were playing M3 that I would end up reading at least one review where someone shit on them, but hey, what are you gonna do?

Dogman 05-07-2013 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=TheWildAndTheYoung;525184]Saying FireHouse was a one-hit wonder of the 80's is one the most factually inaccurate statements I have ever heard.First off, FireHouse 80's? FireHouse got big in the 90's.One-hit wonder? NOT! "Don't Treat Me Bad", "Love Of A Lifetime", "When I Look Into Your Eyes", and "I Live My Life For You" all were top 30 hits ("I Live My Life For You" was actually a hit in 1995, long after hair metal was considered "Dead").
[/QUOTE]

Well, my bad. 80's or 90's, they were definitely a nameless, faceless forgettable band. And I actually only know 2 of those songs you listed. I remember seeing the awful videos on MTV. Never heard them on the radio, except for Love Of A Lifetime. As I said, to each his own. Some like Firehouse and some like King's X. But skipping a band and then saying they were the worst band of the day, well, that's just silly.

TheWildAndTheYoung 05-07-2013 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Dogman;525197]Well, my bad. 80's or 90's, they were definitely a nameless, faceless forgettable band. And I actually only know 2 of those songs you listed. I remember seeing the awful videos on MTV. Never heard them on the radio, except for Love Of A Lifetime. As I said, to each his own. Some like Firehouse and some like King's X. But skipping a band and then saying they were the worst band of the day, well, that's just silly.[/QUOTE]

Just because you haven't heard the songs on the radio doesn't make them any less popular.Like today, they are plenty of popular songs on the radio that I have never heard.And just because YOU don't like the band doesn't make their live show any less energetic and awesome.Unless you have seen FireHouse live, you really have no right to say that King's X's live show is better.I have seen neither of the bands live but I like both of them, so neither do I have the right to say which one is better.

tenchimyo 05-07-2013 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Dogman;525197] As I said, to each his own. Some like Firehouse and some like King's X. But skipping a band and then saying they were the worst band of the day, well, that's just silly.[/QUOTE]

Ha that's why I put Tuff there, since I really only heard King's X in the background, which kind of disqualifies that... But it was my choice to not care about them.
I note that " I can't say much about them except that it was forgettable and non offensive."
I had heard a couple of their albums and was not diggin' em. similar to how I don't dig White Lion or Tuff.

all of course my opinions~