WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alice in Chains -- Birmingham, AL -- April 30th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23041)

justinm4bama 04-30-2013 08:21 PM

Alice in Chains -- Birmingham, AL -- April 30th, 2013

The doors were at 7 and the show began at 7:25 with MonsterO from Atlanta. I don't have a set for them, but I thought they were good until I heard the vocals. Way too out of place for the style of music they were playing IMO. Since they're from Atlanta I bet anything William from Alice in Chains got them to open which he joined them on stage for a song towards the end.

MonsterO went off stage at 8 and exactly 8:30 Alice in Chains took the stage so make sure to get there early! And holy shit Alice in Chains... probably the best show of the year so far. They sounded spot on if not better than on album. They played for a solid two hours with this set:

Them Bones :rocker:
Dam That River
Rain When I Die
Again
Check My Brain :rocker:
It Ain't Like That
Your Decision :rocker:
Got Me Wrong
Hollow
Last of My Kind
Down in a Hole
Nutshell :light:
Heaven Beside You (first time they played in a long time)
Stone :rocker:
We Die Young
Would? :rocker:

Man in the Box :punk:
No Excuses
Rooster :light:

InFlamesOfBirchmen 04-30-2013 08:47 PM

That's a gorgeous set....if I didn't have a final tomorrow, I'd be all over the Augusta show. Looks like a pretty solid set overall, and I'm glad to see they brought back Heaven Inside You.

maidenpriest 04-30-2013 11:53 PM

If they bust out Love, Hate, Love again like they did last time they toured, I will be so happy.

NickLed19 04-30-2013 11:54 PM

Shit looks amazing.

Sanitarium78 05-01-2013 05:23 AM

One of the best bands around when it comes to putting setlists together. I don't recall seeing a bad one from them in recent years. The only thing i'd switch around is Would and Rooster. Would is just the better ending song period.

Chris_M_S 05-01-2013 06:37 AM

[QUOTE=maidenpriest;524028]If they bust out Love, Hate, Love again like they did last time they toured, I will be so happy.[/QUOTE]

YES PLZ

Force10 05-01-2013 07:00 AM

Really solid setlist. I wish their stop here in NC wasn't a festival.

The_jman 05-01-2013 11:54 AM

now there's a fuckin set. I wish they were going to get this much time at ROTR, but I doubt we'll get much more than an hour.

IrritatedTrout 05-01-2013 12:51 PM

Nice set. I'd like to see Rotten Apple in for Nutshell though.

energymetal14 05-01-2013 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=justinm4bama;524019]

[B]Them Bones[/B]
[B]Dam That River[/B]
[B]Rain When I Die[/B]
Again
[B]Check My Brain [/B]
It Ain't Like That
Your Decision
[B]Got Me Wrong[/B]
Hollow
Last of My Kind
[B]Down in a Hole[/B]
Nutshell
Heaven Beside You
Stone
[B]We Die Young
Would? [/B]

Man in the Box
No Excuses
[B]Rooster[/B] [/QUOTE]

WOW. This is a really sick setlist. I hope they come around here playing a set like that after Uproar or something!