WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kreator -- London, England -- April 28th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23022)

ravenheart 04-28-2013 12:45 PM

Kreator -- London, England -- April 28th, 2013

Phantom Antichrist Tour
Venue: The Forum
Support: SSS (18:30-19:00)

[B]Xentrix[/b] (19:10-19:45)
Black Embrace
Balance of Power
For Whose Advantage?
Crimes
Ghostbusters / Dark Enemy
No Compromise

[B]Evile[/b] (20:00-21:45)
Infected Nation
Eternal Empire
Cult
Underworld
Head of The Demon
Thrasher
Five Serpent's Teeth
In Dreams of Terror

[B]Kreator[/b] (21:15-22:45)
Phantom Antichrist
From Flood Into Fire
Enemy of God
Phobia
Hordes of Chaos
Civilization Collapse
Voices of the Dead
Extreme Aggression
People of the Lie
Death to the World
Coma of Souls / Endless Pain
Pleasure to Kill
---------------
Violent Revolution
United In Hate
Betrayer
Flag of Hate / Tormentor

ravenheart 04-29-2013 12:44 AM

Yeah, so, holy fuck what a difference!

The last and only time I saw Kreator before this was on the Thrashfest tour in 2009, which they headlined. I don't know if it were just a combination of the tight stage or the fact that Mille wasn't as excited by Hordes of Chaos as he is by Phantom Antichrist, but they were SO much better this time.

For instance, they had stairs and platforms last time, just like they do now, but they didn't use them at all for the whole 90 minutes, just stood still at the front, like they were Destruction or something. Different story this time. And they played with more urgency and enthusiasm as well.

With the support, SSS predictably sucked, and adding them to the bill meant Xentrix, who were great, had to play the shorter version of their set. Evile were kind of dull, which I don't normally find them. Wasn't very impressed with the new stuff either.

Onioner 04-29-2013 01:17 AM

It was the same comparing the 2010 tour to last year's tour with Accept as well. Ventor was practically a different drummer in a better way, Christian was going nuts and Mille was actually moving around. Mille's voice was also way more aggressive on these recent tours compared to just a couple years ago. It's kind of astonishing really.

ravenheart 04-29-2013 01:36 AM

[QUOTE=Onioner;523757]It was the same comparing the 2010 tour to last year's tour with Accept as well. Ventor was practically a different drummer in a better way, Christian was going nuts and Mille was actually moving around. Mille's voice was also way more aggressive on these recent tours compared to just a couple years ago. It's kind of astonishing really.[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly. I was really surprised by how much Christian and Sami were moving around. And that Mille did at all. Even going up on the platforms to sing several times.

It's funny with Mille's voice, I'm not sure it's necessarily more aggressive, just better. After all, the new stuff is arguably more melodic than most of the old stuff, he just seems to sound "right" at the moment.

Honestly I could have done without Evile and SSS this time and just had Xentrix play an hour as support, but once Kreator started it was all about them anyway. Absolutely brilliant 90 minutes :rocker: