WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Parkway Drive -- Detroit, MI -- April 19th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22948)

kevindeets 04-20-2013 07:05 AM

Parkway Drive -- Detroit, MI -- April 19th, 2013

This was the last show of their ATLAS tour, and it was sold out in advance.

The 1st band I saw was [B]Veil of Maya[/B]. I've seen them a bunch of times, and they can definitely jam, but this set was just OK.

Next up was [B]The Word Alive[/B]. This was my 3rd time seeing them. There is certainly nothing incredibly unique or original about them, but their set was really fun. They got the crowd into it.

[B]Parkway Drive[/B] headlined. I was so excited to see them. The last time I saw them was either on Warped Tour 2010 or on their DEEP BLUE headlining tour w/ The Ghost Inside, whichever was later. They were fantastic the whole night. The floor was a war zone, especially during "Sleepwalker." The crowd was jumping & singing in unison on "Wild Eyes." Parkway Drive gave the crowd a choice b/w "Romance Is Dead" or "Swing" in the middle of their set, and "Romance Is Dead" won in a landslide. I sort of wish they would've played both, but oh well. During the encore they played one of my favorite jams of theirs, "Home Is For The Heartless," and then a fan proposed to his girlfriend on stage. Good for them! Anyway, killer show, and I hope Parkway Drive does another US tour soon. Setlist:

Sparks
Old Ghost/New Regrets
Sleepwalker
Boneyards
Dead Man's Chest
Dark Days
Deliver Me
Romance Is Dead
Idols & Anchors
Blue And The Grey
--encore--
Home Is For The Heartless
Carrion

dcmetal108 04-20-2013 07:45 AM

[QUOTE=kevindeets;522570]This was the last show of their ATLAS tour, and it was sold out in advance.

The 1st band I saw was [B]Veil of Maya[/B]. I've seen them a bunch of times, and they can definitely jam, but this set was just OK.

[B]Next up was [B]The Word Alive[/B].[/B] This was my 3rd time seeing them. There is certainly nothing incredibly unique or original about them, but their set was really fun. They got the crowd into it.

[B]Parkway Drive[/B] headlined. I was so excited to see them. The last time I saw them was either on Warped Tour 2010 or on their DEEP BLUE headlining tour w/ The Ghost Inside, whichever was later. They were fantastic the whole night. The floor was a war zone, especially during "Sleepwalker." The crowd was jumping & singing in unison on "Wild Eyes." Parkway Drive gave the crowd a choice b/w "Romance Is Dead" or "Swing" in the middle of their set, and "Romance Is Dead" won in a landslide. I sort of wish they would've played both, but oh well. During the encore they played one of my favorite jams of theirs, "Home Is For The Heartless," and then a fan proposed to his girlfriend on stage. Good for them! Anyway, killer show, and I hope Parkway Drive does another US tour soon. Setlist:

Sparks
Old Ghost/New Regrets
Sleepwalker
Boneyards
Dead Man's Chest
Dark Days
Deliver Me
Romance Is Dead
Idols & Anchors
Blue And The Grey
--encore--
Home Is For The Heartless
Carrion[/QUOTE]

Did Telle do his backflip off the riser during their set.