WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Paganfest America -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22929)

tenchimyo 04-17-2013 08:10 PM

Paganfest America -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2013

[URL="http://heavymetalcowboysteve.blogspot.com/2013/04/paganfest-america-2013-ensiferum-tyr.html"]Full Review w a ton of pics[/URL]

about 400 people in attendance I think. Great show, great crowd, kind of lame merch. I got an Ensiferum shirt (with the old man on it).

[B]Yesterday's Saints[/B] - got there for their last couple songs. Sounded great, very powerful. Looking forward for when they release their album!

[B]Helsott[/B]- Sounded better than their youtube listens that I gave them. Pretty solid. I was unfamiliar with nearly all their songs, tho. They had some messy red and black face paint. Worth looking more into

[B]Trollfest[/B]- had bee costumes, about 10 people on the stage. They sounded very messy, but pretty energetic. I knew the crowd would dig 'em, but I was kind of bored during their set, I couldn't really make out much beyond the accordion

[B]Heidevolk[/B]- sounded very good as well, but their 2 vocalists seemed ...ineffective. One was supposed to provide clean vocals, but I only heard the harsh vox. So that kind of sucked. Regardless, I thought they sounded very good. I believe I was kind of out of it at that point tho.

[B]Tyr [/B]- had a fun set and sounded very good. The guitars and vox could have been a bit higher in the mix, but what can you do. I apparently got pretty close during '...Heathen Hammer...' and snapped a few decent pix.

[B]Ensiferum[/B]- Sounded great and the energy they brought was reciprocated. I was in and out of the pit an abnormal amount of times. So much fun! However, their set ended on a strange note, as they played the William Tell Overture, but then after it was over, they bowed and walked off stage kind of abruptly. A rather odd finish to an otherwise extremely enjoyable set. Even so, at that point I was too tired to complain (too much)

Setlists (from previous reports, they seem accurate as far as I can recall, esp Tyr and Einsiferum... Trollfest and Heidevolk I hope are accurate- I don't speak either of those languages and only really can confirm 100% the Jaegermeister song :3 ):

[B]Helsott(incomplete)[/B][LIST][*]Vandals Divide[/LIST]
[B]Trollfest[/B]
[LIST][*]Den pne sj[*] Brumlebassen[*] Karve[*] Trinkentroll[*] Der Jegermeister[*] Helvetes Hunden Garm[/LIST]

[B]Heidevolk[/B]
[LIST][*]Nehalennia[*] Ostara[*] Saksenland[*] Als de dood weer naar ons lacht[*] Een nieuw begin[*] Beest bij nacht[*] Vulgaris Magistralis[/LIST]

[B]Tr
[/B][LIST][*]Flames of the Freeno[*] Trndur Gtu[*] Shadow of the Swastika[*] Hail to the Hammer[*] Regin Smiur[*] Ramund Hin Unge[*] Hold the Heathen Hammer High[*] The Lay of Thrym[/LIST]
[B]Ensiferum[/B]
[LIST][*]In My Sword I Trust[*] Guardians of Fate[*] From Afar[*] Burning Leaves[*] One More Magic Potion[*] Retribution Shall Be Mine[*] Tale of Revenge[*] Lai Lai Hei[*] Treacherous Gods[*] Twilight Tavern[*] Iron[*] [*] Battle Song[*] William Tell Overture[/LIST]

Northern_Shaman 04-17-2013 10:01 PM

Looks like all of the same sets that I saw. Really enjoyed this show.

As a side note about your Heidevolk comment though... I don't think they use any harsh vocals at all, so that's a weird thing to report :S.

The Ghost at Number One 04-17-2013 10:24 PM

Shouldn't that say Paganfest America?

VelvetHarry 04-18-2013 05:12 AM

[QUOTE=tenchimyo;522199]

[B]Tr
[/B][LIST][*]Flames of the Freeno[*] Trndur Gtu[*] Shadow of the Swastika[*] Hail to the Hammer[*] Ramund Hin Unge[*] Regin Smiur[*] Hold the Heathen Hammer High[*] The Lay of Thrym[/LIST]
[B]Ensiferum[/B]
[LIST][*]In My Sword I Trust[*] Guardians of Fate[*] From Afar[*] Burning Leaves[*] One More Magic Potion[*] Retribution Shall Be Mine[*] Tale of Revenge[*] Lai Lai Hei[*] Treacherous Gods[*] Twilight Tavern[*] Iron[*] [*] Battle Song[*] William Tell Overture[/LIST][/QUOTE]

These sets were exactly the same for West Chester, PA on Tuesday except Regin Smiur came before Ramund Hin Unge in Tyr's set. Always awesome seeing both of these bands. And I will be seeing them again on our road trip up to the Massachusetts Metal and Hardcore Fest this Saturday! :rocker: Plus Opeth, Katatonia and Dillinger Escape Plan.. hell yes

tenchimyo 04-18-2013 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=Northern_Shaman;522221]Looks like all of the same sets that I saw. Really enjoyed this show.

As a side note about your Heidevolk comment though... I don't think they use any harsh vocals at all, so that's a weird thing to report :S.[/QUOTE]

Wow, wtf? just re listened to some... and either 1) the sound REALLY sucked for them 2) Was really intoxicated or 3) both

sorry, my reports are usually better

tenchimyo 04-18-2013 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;522225]Shouldn't that say Paganfest America?[/QUOTE]

It looks like it says that right now? Did I have it typo'd and a mod corrected it?

John The Drummer 04-18-2013 12:12 PM

Cool review! But son, I have noticed our musical tastes are completely opposite from each others :D

BlashyrkhMR101 04-18-2013 07:06 PM

Hey thanks for posting these, I was there but I just wanna make a correction to the Tyr setlist, it was Regin then Ramund.

tenchimyo 04-19-2013 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=BlashyrkhMR101;522384]Hey thanks for posting these, I was there but I just wanna make a correction to the Tyr setlist, it was Regin then Ramund.[/QUOTE]
OK cool, i can update that

thanks for the update, my brain was a ...little rattled :3

tenchimyo 04-19-2013 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;522303]Cool review! But son, I have noticed our musical tastes are completely opposite from each others :D[/QUOTE]

bwhaha, nothing wrong with that, right?