WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anthrax -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 14th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22928)

tenchimyo 04-17-2013 07:58 PM

Anthrax -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 14th, 2013

[URL="http://heavymetalcowboysteve.blogspot.com/2013/04/anthrax-exodus-municipal-waste-shadows.html"]Full review- w. pics[/URL]

Can't see why no one posted already??

[B]Holy Grail[/B]- RULED. My favourite of the night. Were corrected about Silver Spring VS Silver Springs. Sounded great, no real complaints

[B]Shadows Fall[/B]- good, nothing really bad- but I felt they were kind of lackluster, as it was about the same as the other 2 times I saw them recently.

[B]Municipal Waste[/B]- songs started out good, but got too chaotic and messy. Crowd loved them tho. I think I should like them cause I like Lich King and SOD (similar silly thrash bands), but I was unfamiliar with the songs. Confetti like a Kix show at the end

[B]Exodus[/B]- way better than last times I saw them- so much energy \m/ and a better setlist too! The Crowd were pretty ape for them

[B]Anthrax[/B]- very solid, nothing to complain about, except the horrible 'I'm the Man' and a meh cover ('Time'), the safest cover (AC/DC), and Madhouse instead of that SOD cover.

[B]Setlists[/B]

[B]Holy Grail (~6- :625)[/B][LIST][*]Dark Passenger[*] Bleeding Stone[*] Ride the Void[*] Crosswinds[*] My Last Attack[*] Fight to Kill[/LIST]

[B]Shadows Fall (I think this is accurate, from a recent show thru Setlist.fm)
[/B][LIST][*]The Light That Blinds[*] The Idiot Box[*] Weight of the World[*] King of Nothing[*] The Power of I and I[*] Divide and Conquer[*] War (Bob Marley Cover)[/LIST]
[B]Municipal Waste (looks accurate, from a recent show thru Setlist.fm)[/B]

[LIST][*]Unleash the Bastards[*] The Thrashin' of the Christ[*] Sadistic Magician[*] You're Cut Off[*] Authority Complex[*] Beer Pressure[*] Thrashing's My Business... And Business Is Good[*] Terror Shark[*] Headbanger Face Rip[*] Mind Eraser[*] The Art of Partying[/LIST]
[B]Exodus (looks accurate, from a recent show thru Setlist.fm)[/B]
[LIST][*]The Ballad of Leonard and Charles[*] A Lesson in Violence[*] War Is My Shepherd[*] Fabulous Disaster[*] Blacklist[*] Bonded by Blood[*] The Toxic Waltz[*] Strike of the Beast[/LIST]

[B]Anthrax[/B]
[LIST][*]Among the Living[*] Caught in a Mosh[*] I Am the Law[*] Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)[*] A Skeleton in the Closet[*] Hymn 1[*] In the End[*] T.N.T. (AC/DC cover) (w/ short Back in Black" riff)[*] Madhouse[*] Indians[*] One World[*] A.D.I. / Horror of It All[*] Got the Time (Joe Jackson cover)[*] [*] Imitation of Life[*] Drum Solo (UGGGHHH)[*] I'm the Man (partial)[*] Antisocial (Trust cover)[/LIST]

Maideneer 04-17-2013 08:08 PM

The fact that drum solos (or any solos really) exist in 2013 from well-established metal bands is a disgrace. A complete time waster that is 9 times out of 10 boring, unoriginal and enraging when you figure out another song could have been slipped in there.

tenchimyo 04-17-2013 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;522198]The fact that drum solos (or any solos really) exist in 2013 from well-established metal bands is a disgrace. A complete time waster that is 9 times out of 10 boring, unoriginal and enraging when you figure out another song could have been slipped in there.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. I can count on one half hand the number of drum solos I have heard and actually enjoyed. Now Guitar (usually great) and Bass solos (usually a rare treat), or Keys solo (usually a silly treat) are acceptable to me

Nater 04-17-2013 08:34 PM

The only drum solo that should ever be played is Mickey Dee's drum solo.

energymetal14 04-17-2013 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=Nater;522204]The only drum solo that should ever be played is Mickey Dee's drum solo.[/QUOTE]

:agree:

TonyD 04-17-2013 10:28 PM

How can you not enjoy I'm the Man being performed live?

The Ghost at Number One 04-17-2013 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;522198]The fact that drum solos (or any solos really) exist in 2013 from well-established metal bands is a disgrace. A complete time waster that is 9 times out of 10 boring, unoriginal and enraging when you figure out another song could have been slipped in there.[/QUOTE]I second (or third, at this point, I guess) that emotion.

Onioner 04-18-2013 01:40 AM

[QUOTE=Nater;522204]The only drum solo that should ever be played is Mickey Dee's drum solo.[/QUOTE]

Mikkey is a beast. I could definitely watch him play a drum solo for hours on end and still have my jaw on the floor.

Sanitarium78 04-18-2013 06:09 AM

Sure, it's not like there's a guy by the name of Neil Peart who is a God on drums or anything;)

tenchimyo 04-18-2013 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;522226]How can you not enjoy I'm the Man being performed live?[/QUOTE]

Rapsongs are rarely enjoyed by me. The whole rappyness of it makes the song atrocious. Frank did seem like he was pushing a lot of energy to it tho. I still thought it was horrible