WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PaganFest -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 2nd, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22827)

InFlames 04-04-2013 12:34 AM

PaganFest -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 2nd, 2013

[B]PaganFest America part IV[/B]
[B]Ensiferum / Tr / Heidevolk / TrollfesT / Helstt[/B]
@ House of Blues, West Hollywood, CA -- April 2nd, 2013

[B]Trollfest[/B]
1. Den pne sj
2. Brumlebassen
3. Karve
4. Trinkentroll
5. Der Jegermeister
6. Helvetes Hunden Garm

[B]Heidevolk[/B]
1. Nehalennia
2. Ostara
3. Saksenland
4. Als de dood weer naar ons lacht
5. Een nieuw begin
6. Beest bij nacht
7. Vulgaris Magistralis

[B]Tr[/B]
1. Flames of the Free
2. Trndur Gtu
3. Shadow of the Swastika
4. Hail to the Hammer
5. Ramund Hin Unge
6. Regin Smiur
7. Hold the Heathen Hammer High
8. The Lay of Thrym

[B]Ensiferum[/B]
1. In My Sword I Trust
2. Guardians of Fate
3. From Afar
4. Burning Leaves
5. One More Magic Potion
6. Retribution Shall Be Mine
7. Tale of Revenge
8. LAI LAI HEI
9. Treacherous Gods
10. Twilight Tavern
11. Iron
---------
12. Battle Song

All four bands were awesome (I missed Helsott) but Heidevolk were the band of the night that really impressed me.

kalfitegrdan 04-04-2013 04:18 AM

Holy fucking fuck! Tyr are playing Regin Smidur!!! That song is probably in my top 10 songs ever. I didn't expect them to actually play it this time.

girnny777 04-04-2013 05:30 AM

...Ok that Tyr set is pretty good. I think I might have to go see them at Metalfest now.

kommie 04-04-2013 05:48 AM

[QUOTE=girnny777;520206]...Ok that Tyr set is pretty good. I think I might have to go see them at Metalfest now.[/QUOTE]

Aren't the sets there cut real bad unless you're a headliner? You'd probably be better off going to Poughkeepsie.

BlashyrkhMR101 04-04-2013 06:15 AM

So glad Tyr are playing stuff that is off Eric the Red, and making the very wise decision to keep Hail to the Hammer in there as well, seeing as they played _nothing_ but the last two albums (with the exception of one track from Land) on their tour opening for Korpiklaani, and I'm extremely excited that Heidevolk will be doing Vulgaris Magistralis, such a fun track. Thank you to the OP for posting this, very excited.

VelvetHarry 04-04-2013 06:50 AM

Not as familiar with the first two bands but looking forward to checking them out. Definitely happy with those Tyr and Ensiferum setlists. Neither "Lay of Thrym" nor "Unsung Heroes" have really grabbed me yet so it's nice that they mix in a bunch of older stuff.. and perhaps, as often happens, I will have a new found appreciation for the new albums after seeing a couple of the songs live:light:

InFlames 04-04-2013 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=kalfitegrdan;520203]Holy fucking fuck! Tyr are playing Regin Smidur!!![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=BlashyrkhMR101;520212]very wise decision to keep Hail to the Hammer in there as well[/QUOTE]

Regin Smidur was beyond awesome, definitely one of the highlights of the night. And Hail to the Hammer was a surprise that I didn't expect either.... in the middle of the set!

[QUOTE=VelvetHarry;520215]I will have a new found appreciation for the new albums after seeing a couple of the songs live:light:[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I didn't like Unsung Heroes as much as the previous ones but I found the new songs very enjoyable in live.

tenchimyo 04-05-2013 04:48 AM

Ah, it begins! looking forward to the Baltimore date! THanks for the info!