WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Opeth -- Melbourne, Australia -- March 14th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22665)

fletchzer 03-14-2013 05:08 AM

Opeth -- Melbourne, Australia -- March 14th, 2013

Katatonia: 8.00-8.55

Dead Letters
Buildings
My Twin
Burn the Remembrance
The Racing Heart
Lethean
Ghost of the Sun
July
Day and Then the Shade
Forsaker
Leaders

Opeth: 9.25-11.25

The Devil's Orchard
Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
Hope Leaves
Atonement
Deliverance
Hessian Peel
Häxprocess
Demon of the Fall (Acoustic)
Reverie/Harlequin Forest

Blackwater Park

Katatonia were support with a 55-min slot. Decent performance, but I've never found Katatonia that memorable a band.

Opeth had a 2 hour set, bringing in a songs from both their recent European acoustic / heavy shows. DOTF acoustic was neat, but I'd have much rathered the original version!

Still a great show and a solid set!

TheClairvoyant 03-14-2013 05:22 AM

I would of thought the set would be a lot different, but it's near identical to the last tour, and if you're going to play Demon of the Fall, play the original version! can't complain though, it's one of the better set's Opeth have done in a while

InFlamesOfBirchmen 03-14-2013 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=TheClairvoyant;516580]I would of thought the set would be a lot different, but it's near identical to the last tour, and if you're going to play Demon of the Fall, play the original version! can't complain though, it's one of the better set's Opeth have done in a while[/QUOTE]

I'm actually pretty happy with it. Anything from Still Life is a plus, and I've yet to see Blackwater Park played live, so in my opinion it's a great set. This acoustic version of Demon of the Fall sounds really interesting.

tteotd666 03-14-2013 09:27 AM

Im definatly ok with them bringing this set on the NA tour.
Would love to see the song By The Pain I See in Others though:horns:

TheClairvoyant 03-15-2013 04:20 AM

[QUOTE=tteotd666;516609]Im definatly ok with them bringing this set on the NA tour.
Would love to see the song By The Pain I See in Others though:horns:[/QUOTE]

I don't think that song has ever been played live by Opeth?

Fates Guardian 03-15-2013 10:06 AM

That's a terrible setlist from Katatonia! God dammit. They were playing such great sets not long ago too. I really hope 'Strained' gets added back in when they come to Georgia. Seriously, not a single old-ish song. Fuck.

InFlamesOfBirchmen 03-15-2013 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=Fates Guardian;516786]That's a terrible setlist from Katatonia! God dammit. They were playing such great sets not long ago too. I really hope 'Strained' gets added back in when they come to Georgia. Seriously, not a single old-ish song. Fuck.[/QUOTE]

I was at least hoping to see Evidence on there :hecho:

tteotd666 03-15-2013 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=TheClairvoyant;516751]I don't think that song has ever been played live by Opeth?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly they have not played it live, that I am aware of.

TheNobleFaceHumper 03-15-2013 05:31 PM

Still no Bleak or Burden :mad:

InFlamesOfBirchmen 03-15-2013 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=TheNobleFaceHumper;516838]Still no Bleak or Burden :mad:[/QUOTE]

Didn't they play Burden on one leg of the Heritage tour?