WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Soilwork -- West Springfield, VA -- March 12th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22658)

tenchimyo 03-13-2013 09:41 AM

Soilwork -- West Springfield, VA -- March 12th, 2013

[URL="http://heavymetalcowboysteve.blogspot.com/2013/03/soilwork-jeff-loomis-blackguard-bonded.html"]Full review (pix coming soon)[/URL]

First night of the tour- merch pix comin. Odd that neither Blackguard nor Jeff Loomis didn't have any of their latest CD (particularly Loomis, as he was supposed to have a TOUR edition of Plains...). Crowd seemed pretty... non responsive for everyone except Soilwork. There was a pocket of Blackguard fans that were active, but other than that I was like... do these people not like non Soilwork bands?

[B]Hatchet [/B]sounded like new thrash- Havok/Bonded by Blood mixed w/ Exodus. Not bad, but nothing very distinctive. Minimal crowd reaction, which was odd.

[B]Bonded By Blood[/B] sounded pretty good. A bit tighter than last time I saw them. Small pit on one song and minimal crowd reaction. WTF?

[B]Blackguard [/B]butchered 'Firefight,' but sounded better after that. They played a new new song- 'Rise.' Overall sounded good. Crowd actually got moving a little bit

[B]Jeff Loomis[/B] nonchalantly took the stage, shredded for like 40 minutes, then at the end of their set time...just stopped. No mics were on stage and he said 0 words during the set. So odd. Met him later and he is, in fact, not mute. Crowd was headbanging a little but then kind of subsided more into the set. Kind of killed Blackguard's momentum, he gave off a different vibe. 100% talented, make no mistake, but it kind of not was a good time IMO

[B]Soilwork [/B]came on 30 minutes late, which was kinda painful for a Tuesday when one has a 9am work meeting the next day. Still, they sounded very good- the vocals in particular. The crowd must have been here for them, because they were waaaay more participating than all of the other sets before. I was surprised to hear old ass song 'Figure Number 5.'

Overall- a very fun time, despite the lateness. I suppose it was fine cause[URL="http://metalcowboy.tumblr.com/post/45273701817/soilwork-jeff-loomis-blackguard-bonded-by"] I got to hassle Jeff Loomis[/URL].

Setlists[B]
[/B]
[B]Hatchet (7:30- 8:00)[/B]
[LIST][*]?[*] ?[*] ?[*] Dawn of the the End[*] Vanishing Point[/LIST][B]
Bonded by Blood (8:20- 8:54)[/B]
[LIST][*]I Can't Hear You[*] Another Disease[*] Immortal Life[*] Crawling in the Shadows[*] (Unknown) (probably among vultures)[*] The Aftermath[*] Restless Mind[*] Left Behind[/LIST]
[B]Blackguard (9:13- 9:43)[/B]
[LIST][*]Intro (Not Tephra)[*] Firefight[*] In Dreams[*] Wastelands[*] Rise (New song)[*] Fear of All Flesh[/LIST]

[B]Jeff Loomis(10:01- 10:42)
[/B][LIST][*]?[*] ?(I think it may have been Sibylline Origin)[*] ?[*] Miles of Machines[*] ?[*] ?[*] ?[*] ?[/LIST]
[B]Soilwork (11:30- 12:45)[/B]
[LIST][*]Intro[*] This Momentary Bliss[*] Like the Average Stalker[*] Spectrum Of Eternity[*] Weapon of Vanity(allegedly first time live)[*] Figure Number Five[*] Black Star Deceiver[*] Intro ( I think this was Entering Aeons)[*] Long Live The Misanthrope[*] Let This River Flow[*] Final Fatal Force[*] Stabbing the Drama[*] Tongue[*] Possessing the Angels (allegedly first time live since 1999)[*] One With the Flies[*] Encore:[*] Rise Above The Sentiment[*] As We Speak[*] Late for the Kill, Early for the Slaughter[/LIST]

girnny777 03-13-2013 09:47 AM

Interesting set from Soilwork. No Follow the Hollow and no Nerve, and nothing from Sworn to a Great Divide. I'm very happy to see Weapon of Vanity since that's one of my favorite tracks on Stabbing the Drama. Also the new songs they're doing are excellent and most of them are my favorites from the album.

AnthG 03-13-2013 10:38 AM

WEAPON OF VANITY!!!!

They better keep it in the set for the 20th. Interesting Encore as well. Surprised there's no Song of the Damned either.

W0unds 03-13-2013 10:40 AM

Nothing off Sworn to a Great Divide is disappointing but Weapon of Vanity and Possessing the Angels are good additions. Opening with a new song is generally a poor move in my opinion, maybe it worked in this case, but I am happy with the selection of tracks off the new album.

I was first introduced to Soilwork from a roommate in college via the song "Distance" so I have always thought it would be a killer track live. Not sure if they have played it in recent years though.

Steev 03-13-2013 12:07 PM

Black Star Deceiver is pretty sweet, a little disappointed Blackguard isn't doing the one song I know

VoidFlame 03-13-2013 01:49 PM

Not bad set.

tenchimyo 03-13-2013 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=Steev;516481]Black Star Deceiver is pretty sweet, a little disappointed Blackguard isn't doing the one song I know[/QUOTE]
agree! but...what blackguard song do you know? they've been pushing the hell out of Firefight with a sprinkle of their older stuff

Spiner202 03-13-2013 04:56 PM

I'm really curious to know what that missing song from Bonded By Blood is. There is so much from Exiled to Earth that needs to be played.

hellawaits77ny 03-13-2013 08:17 PM

Not bad. Hope to see a song or two from Sworn tomorrow in Albany.

tenchimyo 03-14-2013 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=Spiner202;516510]I'm really curious to know what that missing song from Bonded By Blood is. There is so much from Exiled to Earth that needs to be played.[/QUOTE]

based on the previous setlists, i think it is among vultures. I can't 100% confirm, but its prob like 95% certain to be that.