WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Soulfly -- Portland, ME -- March 10th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22643)

Nater 03-10-2013 09:43 PM

Soulfly -- Portland, ME -- March 10th, 2013

Last minute show for me but I needed something to make my weekend better.

Dead Season opened and if anyone has had the pain of seeing them live they know it's pretty bad. How this band became popular still blows my mind but the general IQ of this state is about potato when it comes to music.

Lody Kong was up next and they were as good as last time. Fun stuff.

Incite came on and they were just bezerk. Solid stuff Richie has a ton of energy as a frontman. I got a setlist from them so...

Intro
The Aftermath
Die Alone
Down and Out
Tyrannys End
Feel The Flames
End Result
The Slaughter
Army of Darkness

Soulfly came up and I was already expecting a better show because I knew this one wasn't gonna get shut down like last years show in Mass. They had a pretty different set from last go around which was nice. Max sounded good but he is so lazy haha. I might not have the complete order but they switched out Troops of Doom for Arise and put a Nailbomb cover in

Plato e Plomo
The Prophecy
Back To the Primitive
Refuse Resist(Sepultura cover)
Tribe
Point Blank(Nailbomb cover)
World Scum
Downstroy
Arise(Sepultura cover):rocker:
Revengance
Straight Hate
Roots Bloody Roots
Jump da fuk up

After Max left the stage the rest jammed Run To The Hills.

Good stuff I def missed a couple songs.

Disturbed95 03-11-2013 04:13 AM

I didnt know dead season was popular Lol . Ive had to see them open twice mayhem, and it was painful both times.

VelvetHarry 03-11-2013 04:39 AM

[QUOTE=Nater;516076]
Point Blank(Nailbomb cover)
[/QUOTE]

Good set. I've been really impressed with Soulfly's later stuff, it's rather heavy. For this one did you mean "Wasting Away"? I don't know of a title track from Point Blank

justinm4bama 03-11-2013 04:43 AM

Might want to change the format before someone gets butt hurt over it :tongue:

Nater 03-11-2013 06:23 AM

I don't know if it's just the people in this state or what but they can't get enough of these guys. Scares me.

He said point Blank when he announced the song so I just rolled with it.

I know I was half asleep posted this so I appreciate it <3

Noobsaibot 03-11-2013 01:23 PM

This could be the best Soulfly setlist I've ever seen. The last record was their best in my opinion and their playing the three best songs off of it. The only song I'd take off is Tribe and put in Eye for and Eye. I also think the addition of straighthate is awesome, considering i dont think he's played that song since he was in Sep

John The Drummer 03-11-2013 03:39 PM

Damn... I really hate myself for not going to the Seattle date :(

Blacktooth85 03-11-2013 05:16 PM

13 songs for a headlining set is kind of short. Either Max is getting [I]really [/I]lazy or he just doesn't give a damn anymore. He could have thrown in something from Dark Ages and Conquer, 2 of their best albums.

I really wish David Kinkade didn't quit. In my opinion he was the best drummer Soulfly has had. Max's son doesn't compare to David.

@Noobsaibot - Eye for an Eye is usually played last. They just play the first half of Jump the Fuck Up and go right into Eye for an Eye. According to setlist.fm it was played.

Nater 03-11-2013 07:20 PM

I agree Zion doesn't hold a candle to Kincade but he is good enough to pull off what has to get done. I don't think he will be permenant. Like I said I might have missed a song or 2 and yeah at times(especially staples Max just seemed to not care at all) He really seemed to have fun playing some of the rarer cuts. Also I lol'd when he decided to wear a Suicide Silence shirt. Completely not what I expected him to wear haha

scouinci 03-11-2013 09:14 PM

They played something like 17 songs in montreal and yes Zion is not permanent, he told me he's there only for the tour