WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Favorite Non-Make Up KISS Album? (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22640)

TheWildAndTheYoung 03-10-2013 04:53 PM

Favorite Non-Make Up KISS Album?

I was going to ask what is everyone's favorite 80's Kiss album.But sense that is obviously going to turn out with everyone saying "Creatures Of The Night!", I thought I'd force everyone to choose a no make up album.Well, I do have to admit that I think the Paul-Gene-Bruce-Eric (Carr) era is my favorite line-up, even though the 80's albums are not really that good.I'd have to say "Revenge" takes the top spot.Hot In The Shade was pretty good though it had WAY to many tracks.Crazy Nights is freakin underrated though.The title-track is awesome, "No,No,No" and "Bang Bang You" are both awesome as well."Reason To Live", "Turn On The Night", and "My Way", cheesy though they are, are extremely catchy and melodic.Asylum had 2, maybe three good tracks on it.Animalize had only 2 good tracks on it.Lick It Up had about 5 good tracks on it.

IrritatedTrout 03-10-2013 05:03 PM

I only have Carnival of Souls, Crazy Nights, and Revenge even though Lick It Up should be on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon. I love Revenge though so I doubt any of the other non-makeup albums would top it.

About Crazy Nights, the title track, Reason To Live, and I'll Fight Hell to Hold You are awesome. Especially the vocals on the latter. My Way is pretty cool. I hate Bang Bang You and No, No, No though. :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung 03-10-2013 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;516045]I only have Carnival of Souls, Crazy Nights, and Revenge even though Lick It Up should be on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon. I love Revenge though so I doubt any of the other non-makeup albums would top it.

About Crazy Nights, the title track, Reason To Live, and I'll Fight Hell to Hold You are awesome. Especially the vocals on the latter. My Way is pretty cool. I hate Bang Bang You and No, No, No though. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Finally someone who likes My Way:party: It's funny most people who don't like this album say "No, No, No" is killer:D

Breaking The Law 03-11-2013 12:35 PM

This is the era that I got into KISS. I remember getting all the magazines at the time that they were on, with the makeup, but the first piece of music I got of them was Animalize. So I have a soft spot for that one. There are a few good tracks on Asylum, and Crazy Nights. But I would have to pick Animalize for the reason stated above, followed by Lick It Up and Revenge.

marker 03-11-2013 12:43 PM

Animalize and Lick It Up are the best from that era.

TheWildAndTheYoung 03-11-2013 12:54 PM

Never really got into Animalize. "I've Had Enough (Into The Fire)" is killer though.

IrritatedTrout 03-13-2013 07:10 PM

Got Lick It Up the other day and it's pretty sweet after a few listens.

es156 03-14-2013 05:58 AM

[QUOTE=marker;516139]Animalize and Lick It Up are the best from that era.[/QUOTE]

Definitely this. Animalize would be my favorite from that era.

TheWildAndTheYoung 03-14-2013 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;516536]Got Lick It Up the other day and it's pretty sweet after a few listens.[/QUOTE]
Favorite song so far?

IrritatedTrout 03-17-2013 03:22 PM

I really like Exciter.