WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Royal Thunder -- DeKalb, IL -- March 8th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22631)

kalfitegrdan 03-09-2013 10:08 AM

Royal Thunder -- DeKalb, IL -- March 8th, 2013

This was at the local coffee shop, The House Cafe, in my hometown. What I noticed when I walked in was that already during the first band, there were already more people there then there was for the entire show last time. I also felt cool because within a minute of walking in the venue, I was greeted by 4-5 who recognized me, including Mlny of Royal Thunder. :cool: The first band up was Chicago locals, Jar'd Loose and I got to the venue about halfway through their set. Their sound is kind of a sludgy brand of metalcore. At times they remind me of The Cancer Bats which is pretty kickass.

Next up was Lord, also from Chicago. I'm actually not really sure how to describe them, maybe a sort of thrashy doom metal with some sludge undertones. I actually really enjoyed them.

Ancient VVisdom was next, but I missed the first part of their set due to drinking in my friend's van. :lol: The part I did catch was alright. It didn't really grab my attention at all. I hung out with a few of the members of Ancient VVisdom (the vocalist, bassist and, I think, the electric guitarist) and they were all cool as shit. The drummer was kind of being a dick though because my friend was really drunk and she was being loud and potentially annoying. :lol:

Royal Thunder came to crush The House Cafe once again and succeeded with an amazing set. Possibly the best set of the four times that I've seen them. Finally hearing Shake and Shift live was the absolute highlight of the set. It's so crushing live. Whispering World is one of my favorite songs ever, so hearing it live is always amazing and I can never help but headbang through its entire duration. Although, I was really hoping for either Parsonz Curse or Sleeping Witch. Royal Thunder is just a phenomenal live band and you should definitely go see them if you ever have the opportunity. I found the set list, after the set, on a small, ripped up piece of notepad paper.

Black Water Vision
Whispering World :rocker:
Drown
No Good
Shake and Shift :drool: :bricks:
Minus
Blue :drool:

Encore:
Mouth of Fire

VoidFlame 03-09-2013 10:32 AM

Awesome! I wish they really come here some time.

bigguytoo9 03-09-2013 10:43 AM

Saw em with Enslaved last month, wasnt really paying attention though.

dcmetal108 03-09-2013 04:24 PM

Seeing them in may open for DEP.

kalfitegrdan 03-09-2013 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;515926]Seeing them in may open for DEP.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could go to that.

anomynous 03-09-2013 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;515926]Seeing them in may open for DEP.[/QUOTE]

They're going to be eaten alive by the crowd. I love RT, but they should not be on that tour.

dcmetal108 03-10-2013 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=anomynous;515963]They're going to be eaten alive by the crowd. I love RT, but they should not be on that tour.[/QUOTE]

Its them playing, then the faceless, then DEP. Such a odd bill.