WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   So The Croc Rock In Allentown Is Dying Out..... (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22618)

Steev 03-07-2013 05:40 AM

So The Croc Rock In Allentown Is Dying Out.....

A series of weird legal issues caused the venue to lose its liquor license. Since then they've lost the following shows(and more I can't recall because the site went from well over 20 shows lined up to maybe 10-and none are known names):
As I Lay Dying
Opeth
Awolnation(moved to a nearby hall)
R5, who apparently is some Disney Channel group(moved to the Sherman in Stroudsberg)
Adrenaline Mob(moved to Goodfellas in Pottstown)
Sevendust(originally postponed from Feb, but now removed completely)
Every Time I Die(moved to Reverb in Reading, PA)
In Flames(moved to a nearby hall)
I know there's more, just can't recall them all

This venue looks like its hitting a downward spiral

Coma323 03-07-2013 06:46 AM

Yeah I just booked a hotel in Allentown last week for the Katatonia show. Fucking a.

Steev 03-07-2013 06:48 AM

Yeah the past couple days shows have dropped quickly, they fucked up big time and this isn't even the first time

DisasterPiece120 03-07-2013 08:41 AM

Never been to the Croc Rock but I've always heard terrible things about it.

Steev 03-07-2013 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=DisasterPiece120;515641]Never been to the Croc Rock but I've always heard terrible things about it.[/QUOTE]

The security is garbage, the rails break, the sound has been fucked up in th past, and the crowds usually are terrible

W0unds 03-07-2013 09:38 AM

I have heard snippets of this story, it sounds strange something about a shooting outside the venue and them having an expired liquor license at the time.

Is there another good venue (of similar size) in the vicinity to pick up future shows? From the list your provided it looks like they are switching to a variety of different spots.

Derelict 03-07-2013 09:44 AM

Good. Fuck that place.

Reverb in Reading can pick their shows up.

DethMaiden 03-07-2013 09:45 AM

When Indiana clubs don't have liquor licenses they start booking every metalcore/deathcore tour under the sun, so this place might stay alive as a kind of all-ages bullshit scene venue. Just saying.

Derelict 03-07-2013 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;515648]When Indiana clubs don't have liquor licenses they start booking every metalcore/deathcore tour under the sun, so this place might stay alive as a kind of all-ages bullshit scene venue. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

It has a horrific reputation otherwise - they oversell shows and you can't see shit (theyve made people stand outside in the alley to watch shows through a door). Bands dont get paid, get stuff stolen, etc. Unsure why anyone plays here.

I hate that i have to think of this dump when I think of the last time i saw type o negative.

I'm sure Maiden33 will weigh in with what a dump this place is.

Derelict 03-07-2013 09:50 AM

Also, looks like the Note in West Chester has been picking up more metal shows too....i support this.