WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Junius -- Fullerton, CA -- March 4th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22610)

christopher 03-05-2013 12:42 AM

Junius -- Fullerton, CA -- March 4th, 2013

Source: me
Venue: Slidebar

I've been wanting to see Junius for a long time now and have had the worst luck with them. I missed them on the Enslaved tour due to the show selling out before they replaced Ghost. I got tickets to their headlining show last year but couldn't find parking and gave up after an hour. They played on Friday but I wasn't able to make it out to see them open up to Caspian. They announced on Friday at midnight that they were headlining the Slidebar. I have a test tomorrow morning, so I wasn't sure if I could make it, so I made sure to get all my studying in before the show.

I walked in at 9:50 to find Silver Snake was getting ready to play. They went on a littler after 10 and played for 40 minutes. They were pretty cool and I will check out soon. At 11, Junius started and Betray the Grave. I was super excited to finally see them after all this time. Even though they did 10 songs, I was bummed they couldn't play more than 45 minutes. They sounded super heavy. It was sad there were less than 30 people there to see them, but we all seemed to enjoy it! I was super happy they played Elisha, I Love You. That is my favorite song by them and never expected to hear it live!!!:party:

Betray The Grave
All Shall Float
Stargazers & Gravediggers
A Universe Without Stars
Elisheva, I Love You
A Word Could Kill Her
(Spirit Guidance)
A Reflection On Fire
Transcend The Ghost
The Antediluvian Fire

VoidFlame 03-05-2013 05:23 AM

That turnout is pretty sad for such a great band... But fuck, these guys have to come back to Montreal. They were supposed to tour here with East of the Wall, but I have no idea what happened to this. :bouville:

adamclark52 03-05-2013 07:45 AM

I had no idea who these guys were when they got added to the Enslaved tour (or Alcest for that matter). But they were awesome that night. They have great keyboard intros.

Rocco44 03-05-2013 09:30 AM

How did you not find parking?

I dig Junius on record but I was a little underwhelmed live. They just sounded soul less. Maybe that's due to the vocals being hard to replicate live.

energymetal14 03-05-2013 10:10 AM

Yeah, that turnout is lame. I really wanna see these guys sometime.

christopher 03-05-2013 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=Rocco44;515376]How did you not find parking?

I dig Junius on record but I was a little underwhelmed live. They just sounded soul less. Maybe that's due to the vocals being hard to replicate live.[/QUOTE]

You have told me since where to park for the Satellite, but at the time all I saw was permit only parking so I gave up.