WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Terror -- Detroit, MI -- February 24th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22558)

kevindeets 02-25-2013 01:57 PM

Terror -- Detroit, MI -- February 24th, 2013

The 1st band I saw was Code Orange Kids. They were terrible... hardly worth talking about.

Backtrack was next. I'd never heard of them before. I really liked them a lot. Solid hardcore band w/ lots of energy. I'm a fan!

Terror was next. It's always great seeing them, but this set was not nearly as nuts as your usual Terror show. The venue was PACKED, but it was mostly an H20 crowd. For me, the highlights were the 2 new songs. Setlist:

Stick Tight
Overcome
Your Enemies are Mine
Out of My Face
Live By The Code
Spit My Rage
One With the Underdogs
Always The Hard Way
Life And Death
Hard Lessons
You're Caught
Keep Your Mouth Shut
Keepers of the Faith

H20 headlined. I watched about 20 min of their set, but that genre is not my cup of tea, and I had to get up at 5:30am. They were OK, though.

mankvill 02-25-2013 02:34 PM

You're the first person I know of that didn't love Code Orange Kids. What didn't you like?

swboyd 02-25-2013 03:50 PM

I'm gonna agree with the previous poster's sentiment...Code Orange Kids actually brings something different to the table in hardcore. They might be a little sloppy live, but it's their style. Terror on the other hand....

Ommie 02-25-2013 05:14 PM

I thought the Code Orange Kids performance was good, personally. They were obviously the odd band out but people seemed to like it. The only bad part imo was when that one dude showed up out of nowhere on stage and started shouting "COME ON LET'S DO THIS DETROIT FUCKING HARDCORE SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT" right before a breakdown.

Backtrack were pretty good. Terror was awesome. H2O was also awesome but I had to leave a few songs early.

[QUOTE=swboyd;514138]Terror on the other hand....[/QUOTE]
Terror doesn't bring anything new to the table, true, but that's not really the point. It's just honest music to have fun to.

hellawaits77ny 02-26-2013 03:30 AM

[QUOTE=Ommie;514162]
Terror doesn't bring anything new to the table, true, but that's not really the point. It's just honest music to have fun to.[/QUOTE]

True, but with that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing them change their setlist up. It's essentially been the same since, well, forever.

energymetal14 02-26-2013 09:51 AM

Terror is fun live. Definitely nothing original, but always a good time! I want to see this tour, but not gonna be able to.

larvtard 02-26-2013 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=swboyd;514138][Code Orange Kids] might be a little sloppy live...[/QUOTE]

:confused: I thought they put on the best performance of the night...

Also, damn, I guess I don't listen to enough hardcore... I never once thought that Terror was unoriginal...

BloodoftheKings 02-26-2013 02:52 PM

I liked Code Orange Kids when I saw them open for Touche Amore. They seem to get very mixed reactions, the friend I was at that show with also thought they were god awful.

[QUOTE=larvtard;514359]Also, damn, I guess I don't listen to enough hardcore... I never once thought that Terror was unoriginal...[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Ommie. Terror is great at what they do but they're not very original or unique.

swboyd 02-26-2013 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=larvtard;514359]:confused: I thought they put on the best performance of the night...

Also, damn, I guess I don't listen to enough hardcore... I never once thought that Terror was unoriginal...[/QUOTE]

I didn't say their performance was bad. I enjoyed it a lot. It was just a bit sloppy...albeit that was last year when they were touring with Defeater and Touche Amore. They've done a metric fuck ton of touring since then and put out a new album which I like a lot.

Terror just have never been my cup of tea. They're a fun live band to see, but I've just always preferred hardcore in the vein of stuff like Modern Life Is War and Defeater.

XDoomsayerX 02-27-2013 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=swboyd;514433]I didn't say their performance was bad. I enjoyed it a lot. It was just a bit sloppy...albeit that was last year when they were touring with Defeater and Touche Amore. They've done a metric fuck ton of touring since then and put out a new album which I like a lot.

Terror just have never been my cup of tea. They're a fun live band to see, but I've just always preferred hardcore in the vein of stuff like Modern Life Is War and [B]Defeater.[/B][/QUOTE]

Post-hardcore/screamo no?